SUMMARY: Works with IT leads on technical roadmaps, project prioritization and/or support improvement goals. Can articulate how organization contributes to company scorecard. Understands client challenges and business goals. This role is typically engaged as the highest-level technology expert on a project team. Partners with operations, IT integration team and analysts in requirements gathering and reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Works with application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms. Proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems. Viewed as a technical expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines. Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service and tangible outputs.
- Facilitates/leads business diagnostics, process analysis and/or design workshops to help flush out as-is and desired to-be solution state and ultimately writes a solution design document to support business requirements
- Leads the writing of functional specifications during the design phase of the project that supports the documented solution design
- Develops functional business process test scripts (step by step instructional how to do) which outline new or updated end user functional processes supported by the solution design which may include standard application functionality, customized modifications, data interfaces, reports/layouts, … Prepares for and conducts customized end user training workshops to support application training content outside of base application knowledge / JDA Certifications
- Serves as a functional liaison and attends and contributes to key meetings between JDA project team, key customer contacts, and customer users, up to and including key executive project sponsors
- Understands how the JDA solutions within area of focus can be configured and delivered to better facilitate customer business processes (ensuring ability to design, execute, and deliver)
- Setup and coordinate user acceptance testing efforts which will support final acceptance and critical phase sign-off by the business owners
- Provides non-technical end user support during the 'go-live' and post go live period
Will lead a team of ~ 5 individuals to include: Report Writer(s), Analyst and Systems Analyst (s) in support of Implementations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
- 5+ years of C/MOCA Development
- 2-3 years of Solutions Architecture expertise
- In-depth knowledge of Red Prairie Software Solutions
- In-depth knowledge of JDA software solutions and technical architectures
- Comfortable working in and understanding a Warehouse environment
- MS Sql database expertise if preferred
- Knowledge of business processes in Supply Chain Management
- Experienced in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Teamwork mentality
- BS degree or beyond preferred
- Team lead/supervisory experiencepreferred
- Creativity and out of the box thinking approach while simultaneously adhering to scope and schedule
Position will be located in Indianapolis, Indiana and will require limited (10%) travel.
Relocation of a candidate will be considered for the right individual, but local is preferred.
Interview will include a technical phone screen followed by a full team personal interview (costs covered).