This Solutions Architect must have a passion for learning about emerging technologies and how to leverage technology to reduce risk and limit exposure to the evolving threatlandscape. The role focuses on the betterment of productivity and efficiency of the Information Technology department’s support of day to day business. This design work may be for external clients or internal clients.
The Architect does research on reported problems, plans and proposes solutions, advocates software and systems for the Firm and coordinates the problem solving process to ensure the Firm standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan delivery of information security solutions to improve the firm’s security posture
- Identify security gaps and propose options for improvement
- Ensure that existing systems and configurations are leveraged to maximize intended functionality
- Recommend network and systems security designs and configuration
- Evaluate security solutions and present recommendations to management
- Collaborate with and mentor team members in day-to-day operations
- Ensure that new solutions and configurations changes are properly implemented
- Work across IT disciplines to understand security needs and troubleshoot issues
- Participate in planning and design discussions with other staff, including other solutions architects, to ensure best options are chosen
- Interact extensively with external and internal clients.
- Interact with vendors to support integration between the groups involved.
- Coordinate with the Architecture Team to ensure cohesive direction and implementations.
- Function as a bridge between Enterprise and Application Architecture.
- Critically understand clients’ operations and systems.
- Translate the client’s requirements into highly technical specifications.
- Determine the potential solutions and testing them for both technical and business compatibility.
- Develop project feasibility reports.
- Convince and present proposals to clients.
- Work with software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Plan a testing schedule for completing the system operations.
- Supervise proper implementation of a new system.
- Provide innovative ideas and continuously keep up with the latest ideas in technology.
- Establish and assist in monitoring and adherence of standards that are implemented with Information Systems.
- 3+ years in a dedicated information security role required.
- 5+ years working in an enterprise information technology environment required.
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution.
- End-to-end expertise in security technologies, protocols, standards and network configurations.
- Knowledgeable with a host of computer programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, analyzing abilities, and management skills.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional organizational time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team player to produce effective results in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization will be a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other standard office procedures and terminology.
- Effective communication skills and ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and to accomplish goals.
- Solid analytical skills – uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others.
- Travel up to 5%.