Apprenda is a Cloud platform used by some of the biggest organizations on the planet to revolutionize how they develop, deploy and run their applications. As a next generation application server, our client is a sophisticated piece of technology that marries web, SOA, and distributed application architectures to deliver premium value to software developers and IT departments. We strive to ensure the success of anyone using our cloud-native Kubernetes platform and associated technologies.
Dubbed the "Anti-Silicon Valley Startup" by Forbes magazine, and recently ranked #3 in “The Best Enterprise Cloud Computing Startups To Work For” list, Apprenda is the cloud platform powering a new class of software-defined enterprises, disrupting industries and winning with software.
As a solutions architect on Apprenda’s client services team, you will work with our team comprised of analysts and developers to gather requirements, design, and develop solutions that leverage the Apprenda platform for our customers. Your job is to understand our customers’ business needs and translate them into highly technical solutions. You will be a subject matter expert in cloud computing and software as a service delivery.
Typical projects include:
•Design and implement platform integration with existing enterprise systems – automation of change management processes, for example.
•Guide, design, and implement commercial SaaS offering with our customers that run on the Apprenda platform.
The role requires engineering talent and systems design experience, a desire to tackle complex business problems through software design, strong customer relationship skills, and excellent communication. You will get to work on problems related to many different industries, from healthcare to financial services and beyond.
In addition to software design, the solutions architect creates standards and guidelines, documentation, and other materials in support of our customers’ projects.
- •BS or MS in Computer Science or another engineering discipline, MBA a plus
- •Significant practical software development experience
- •Evidenced experience designing and implementing software solutions from start to finish
- •A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in software design, systems architecture, and data structures
- •Strong OO skills and practicing knowledge of OO languages in .NET and/or Java
- •Experience in large systems software design and development experience
- •Strong writing and interpersonal skills required (You MUST be personable!), strong leadership qualities and the ability to command a room
- •Quick “on your feet” thinking and the ability to be creative in tight situations