G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our growing team! Your responsibilities will include establishing a new discipline at G2 as a key technical resource for Enterprise customer(s), primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance and installations. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with G2 applications, integrations and APIs to expedite incident resolution and deliver customer-specific requirements. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements. Customers will be consistent in segment size, but vary in Industry and technology stacks. The right resource will be confident in their skills and comfortable engaging with diverse customers to drive adoption and success for a key G2 customer segment.
- Manage high profile, Enterprise implementation projects, from project plan creation to verification and validation; and improve proactive and reactive support.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot ongoing performance issues, analyze problems, design/develop technical solutions to exceed customer needs.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across G2 technology stack and data solutions to improve the solution and functional processes for agreed persona(s) at the customer.
- Assist and provide technical coordination and assistance to strategic customer(s) in diagnosing and resolving customer-specific complex software problems.
- Accommodate customer calls which involve identification, escalation, and resolution of G2 application, configuration and software requirements and incidents.
- Contribute to escalate resolutions providing detailed action plans and own technical solutions the customers can use for future needs.
- Develop technical solutions and when needed partner with analysts, engineers, and customer service teams to help meet objectives.
- Act as the technical advisor to specific customer(s).
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness.
- 8+ years of SaaS programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- 5+ years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related
- Core understanding of Web architecture
- Experience with logging and instrumentation services
- Has a deep understanding of software architectures and how they are applied in context, best practices in multiple languages
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and excels under pressure
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience solving B2B Software customer problems
- Consulting and/or Professional Services experience
- Experience and knowledge around Martech and Salestech
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.