Fraud Technology delivers solutions in partnership with the Fraud business unit to protect and deter from fraud attacks. In the current digital environment fraud prevention has become complex as speed of attacks have changed considerably. The Bank has initiated a large Fraud program to enhance its detection and preventing capabilities to support the overall goal of digitization.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Solutions Architect is accountable for the end to end technology solution to address our clients’ business problems. The Solutions Architect provides expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand all the options and technology choices in support of their business. The Solutions Architect develops and provides technical consulting on very large and/or complex systems, often involving emerging technologies, through to implementation, day-to-day support responsibilities for assigned systems, and a commitment to maintaining a diversified set of skills within the unit through continued education and by mentoring peers and team members.
The Solutions Architect receives general guidance and information/requests from the Director and/or Senior Manager on a regular basis and to provide background information on all matters, as well as opinion and the effect of proposed actions to the Director and/or Senior Manager to assist them in making decisions.
The Solutions Architect leads a team on a daily basis ensuring that they adhere to the department’s strategy and assist in their growth as an employee.
1. Providing technical architectural designs, solutions, reviews for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on Fraud systems (i.e. primarily vendor applications, integration and Security standards). This includes all aspects of the solution (from a systems perspective) involved in the delivery of highly-complex initiatives with complex integration needs across multiple technologies to business clients. Activities will include defining development specifications, technical requirements system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives.
2. With respect to environment analysis and oversight, from a project to project basis, to perform reviews on the processing environment in order to ensure that the solutions deployed are scalable and will fulfill the business requirements.
This includes processing capacity application security, system/database capacity and performance. This also applies to monitor, analyze and manage Performance and Capacity of the system on daily bases. Present analytic result and upgrade plan to Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) Solutions Architects on all systems supported.
3. Manage system availability and disaster recovery plan.
4. Develop roadmaps and strategies for applications based on enterprise infrastructure blue print. Liaise with Senior Solutions Architects as well as the IT&S Enterprise Architecture Office with regards to the Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) strategy and direction on architecture and application design.
This includes assisting senior management to enforce BNS development standards and methodology, ensuring solutions are in line with the technology roadmap and mentoring the technical team members on a project to project basis. This will also include working in cooperation with vendors.
5. Presenting work for review in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems to/with project team members and users during various stages of the development process.
6. Providing consultation on all infrastructure related items while participate in all phases of the project development life cycle.
7. Conducting design review and code walkthrough; mentoring and coaching other team members on technical best practice.
8. Assisting in the analysis of system test strategies, and the execution of the tests (including unit, QA and non-functional).
9. Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems during standard working hours and assigned on-call hours.
10. Assist in the most difficult support problems.
11. Escalating and/or reporting system problems to management as per the documented escalation procedure.
12. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and recommends possible application to the business and senior management.
13. Leads selected technology projects to production.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must possess expert knowledge of web-based information technology principles, J2EE framework, database integrations, system integrations, methodologies and standards/metrics.
• Must have at least 8years of progressive IT working experience.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience in the system analysis, design, architecture of complex, multi-tier development & production environments.
• Must have working experience in a technical environment that utilized Agile delivery methodologies.
• Must have strong software development experience with J2EE and with Rational development and modeling tools.
• Must have strong knowledge of WebSphere Application Server.
• Must have strong knowledge of application performance monitoring and analysis tools, foglight/splunk/IBM thread analyzer.
• Must have strong knowledge of enterprise architecture, including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Hub and Spoke, Messaging, etc.
• Must have strong knowledge of Web Services, Web Services Description Language (WSDL) and SOAP, Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS).
• Must be flexible and ready to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal/written/presentation).
• Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
• Knowledge of XML schemas and data models; File Transfer Protocols (FTP)/Secured File Transfer Protocols (SFTP) processes; SQL & DB2 stored procedures; Host (Mainframe) systems & Pega Systems are desirable assets.
• Demonstrated experience with SSL and HTTPS protocols are desirable assets.
• Proven experience with Machine learning applications and modeling are desirable assets.
• Knowledge of Fraud/Risk applications would be preferable.
• Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or technical equivalent.
Requisition ID: 3691.