The Nutanix Solutions Architect (SA) combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. The SA is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Nutanix.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to adopt Nutanix technologies
- Serving as a Solutions Architect and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix technologies, drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and implement networking solutions in relation to Nutanix’s best practices
- Influence Nutanix go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Strong experience selling and architecting Enterprise networking solutions from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, F5, Mellanox/nVIDIA and others or startups operating in the Enterprise networking space
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies is a plus.
- Experience in design, architect and deploying complex deployments
- Thorough understanding of networking in Virtualization and Public Cloud
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the United States as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years prior Solutions Architect experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology