Smartronix Inc., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner, is currently seeking a hands-on Solution Architect with a Development and Automation ("DevOps") focus to join our thriving cloud services business unit. We're looking for candidates with a passion for infrastructure and technology, a focus on delivery and an ability to work directly with our customers to build and support large enterprise deployments. The Architect must be able to interface directly with customers, lead project engagements, and be a trusted adviser and consultant to the customer, but they must also be able to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
In this role, the Architect will work collaboratively with other members of the Smartronix team, and with their customers to design, build, deploy and operate sustainable workloads leveraging cloud-native services and proven or known industry standard tools. They will bring proven DevOps design and deployment methodologies to each and every customer engagement. #CJPOST
- 2+ years in a customer-facing role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using AWS services
- In-depth understanding of core AWS services and best practice deployments or design patterns
- Ability to translate customer requirements and needs into proven design patterns
- A passion for coding simple, clean and well-tested solutions
- Understanding of designing and delivering with cost in mind
- Familiarity with translating customer workloads into micro-service driven architectures
- Hands-on experience automating Production-ready infrastructure and solutions
- Strong, practical Linux or Windows system administration skills
- Strong hands-on scripting knowledge and experience - e.g.: Python, Perl, BASH, PowerShell
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one infrastructure configuration management platform - e.g.: AWS OpsWorks, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Baseline knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, firewalling, authentication and load balancing concepts
- Basic knowledge of database management systems
- Hands-on experience creating build scripts and/or deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with continuous integration services and supporting tools- e.g.: CodePipeline, Jenkins
- Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON/YML
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and server-less computing desired but not required - i.e.: Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda
- Hands-on experience with AWS ElasticBeanstalk desired but not required.
- Basic experience creating RESTful services desired but not required.
- Basic experience with one or more Content Management System a plus - e.g.: WordPress, Drupal, SharePoint, Sitecore
- Proven ability to document, promote and present your work to other teams and to customers
- Willingness and ability to collaborate across internal practices and with other team members
- Ability to work within an organized and structured delivery-centric team
- The candidate must have 5 or more years of experience
- The candidate should have a balance of knowledge in Operating Systems, Network, Security, with some programming or scripting experience.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Bachelors Degree required or additional 5 years of relevant Information Technology experience accepted in lieu of degree