At Databricks, our customers challenge us with solving some of the world’s toughest data problems. Our customers rely on our Solutions Architect team to fully understand the technologies that power our platform, the broader cloud and technology ecosystems, and how they can all be brought together to solve these problems.
Solutions Architects at Databricks lead the adoption of the Databricks Unified Analytics Platform. As a team, we have expertise in cloud platforms, data engineering, data analytics, and data science & machine learning. As a member of our team, you will exercise and develop expertise in those areas, leveraging open-source projects such as Apache Spark, MLflow, and Delta Lake; and major public cloud infrastructure and services. This is a customer facing role, and you will collaborate with customers, your teammates, the product team, and our post-sales teams, to identify use cases for Databricks, develop architectures and solutions using our platform, and guide customers through the implementation, to realize business value. In that process, you will build relationships with our customers, find and build champions, and become a trusted advisor.
Databricks culture strongly encourages collaboration and teamwork, and you will have the opportunity to contribute your knowledge back to our teams by participating in one of our SME (subject matter expert) groups. However, this also includes understanding your limits and having a willingness to ask for help!
- Partner with the sales team to help customers understand how Databricks can help solve their business problems
- Provide technical leadership for customers to understand, evaluate, and ultimately adopt, Databricks
- Consult on big data architecture, implement proof of concepts for strategic customer projects, data science and machine learning projects, and validate integrations with cloud services and other 3rd party applications
- Build and present references architectures, how-tos, and demo applications for customers
- Provide an escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
- Become an expert in, and evangelize Databricks driven open-source projects (Spark, Delta Lake, MLflow, and Koalas) across developer communities through meetups, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Understand your strengths, and use them to help your fellow SA’s, and to drive cross-functional relationships across the company.
- Travel to customers (up to 30%, of which 80%+ local to your region)
- Solution Architects are customer-facing. You'll need to be comfortable communicating ideas to various audiences almost every day, primarily through presentations, whiteboarding, and platform demonstrations
- 3+ years in a customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, or consulting role
- Experience designing and architecting distributed data systems
- Comfortable programming in, and debugging, at least one of: Python, Scala, Java, SQL, or R
- Have built solutions with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Expertise in at least one of the following:
- Data Engineering technologies (Ex: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Data Warehousing (Ex: SQL, OLTP/OLAP/DSS)
- Data Science and Machine Learning technologies (Ex: pandas, scikit-learn, HPO)
- [Desired] Degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.)