Wellmark is currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect to join our Data team! In this role, you will lead architectural design efforts for designated delivery teams, optimizing security, information leverage and system performance/availability and ensuring solutions developed adhere and align to the delivered architecture. You will serve as a subject matter expert and resource for development and technical leads in the execution of deliverables, and work cross-functionally with business stakeholders in technical planning and system delivery. You will consult and provide input on business process improvements and provide guidance for IT policies, procedures, tools, security and infrastructure. You will research and recommend new emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value to the organization.
- Accountability: Owning and taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Business Acumen: Understanding industry, market, financial and company specific operations
- Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listen to other’s ideas; communicate accurately and concisely
- Decision Making: Consider all facts and impacts when making decisions
- Focus on the Customer: Consistently doing what is in the best interest of our customer. Leaving a positive impression on the customer by elevating their experience; making it simpler and educating to helping them understand.
Minimum Qualifications Required (all must be met to be considered)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field or direct and applicable work experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an IT environment, focused in a Data Warehouse environment including strong logical and physical data modeling skills (normalization, multi-dimensional modeling, intermediate tables for integration, etc)
- Minimum 4 years of Architectureexperience including advanced knowledge of development methodologies and designing solutions
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to effectively solve business problems
- Effective organizational and communication skills including the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated experience providing effective consulting and influencing decisions through sound judgment and data analysis to effectively drive positive business outcomes and resolve complex issues
- Ability to influence, solicit cooperation and action from others in order to educate, gain understanding and get buy-in
- Prior experience measuring and evaluating work processes to achieve organizational goals
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities and strong problem solving skills
Hiring Specifications Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Prior experience in a Business Intelligence environment (Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft Reporting Services)
- Deep understanding of databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g. SQL server, MySQL, Oracle), data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark), noSQL, and business analytics
- Experience with an enterprise data modeling tool (ERWIN, PowerDesigner, Oracle Designer)
- Strong ETL background (SQL, DataStage, Informatica, etc)
- Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns. Knowledge of real time/stream analytics.
- Deep understanding of principles and practice of Data Governance, Master Data Management, and Meta Data Management
- Minimum 4 years security and infrastructureexperience
- Professional Certification (i.e. TOGAF, CISSP, EAP)
- Prior leadership experience, through a combination of project or informal leadership that demonstrates competencies
- Experience in creating reference implementations and assisting development teams on new and difficult construction techniques
a. Lead the architectural designs solution context diagram and conceptual data model for solutions to optimize security, information leverage and reuse, integration, performance, and availability and ensure solutions developed adhere and aligns to the delivered architecture. Fulfill service level agreements and ensure solutions remains current with industry best practices, technologies and with Wellmark's standards.
b. Consult and influence application teams regarding solutions. Collaborate with Tm Leader & Lead Architect to design and implement effective technology solutions, while using innovative business and technology processes to identify and implement improvement initiatives, eliminate redundancies and maximizes reuse of applications.
c. Will oversee and lead planning, developing and estimating of technical solutions. When appropriate, collaborate and work with other technical teams in to better provide subject matter expertise and insights.
d. Develops architecture models and technical standards that enable the transition of Wellmark's systems from current state to future requirements. Will collaborate with Lead Architect for assigned domain, business systems analyst and other stakeholders to provide insight/ direction regarding process improvements.
e. Consults with business stakeholders regarding subject matter knowledge related to project tasks, schedules/status updates and technical planning to ensure architectures are developed in alignment with business expectations.
f. Oversee, review and provide technical guidance on the design efforts of Wellmark's supported solutions including but not limited to the evaluation of vendors during the selection process, integrating with new vendors, design, implementation and administration.
g. Will adhere and are held accountable for the support and influence of Wellmark's architecture governance standards, operational/development procedures and technical standards. Provide design specifications to governing boards for proper approvals. Provides guidance for regarding IT policies, security and infrastructure.
h. Will provide training and mentorship of others regarding architectural design and solution implementation including review and quality assurance.
i. Build strong relationships and business acumen with the business to ensure architectures are aligned with business needs. Provide exceptional customer service and solutions.
j. Develops and applies industry best practice technology, design and methodology approaches to design system architecture. Researches and recommends new emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value to the organization.
k. Other duties as assigned.
Job ID 212130