Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Datacenter Solutions Architect to join our team in the South Florida area. You will be a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team and will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s customers, collecting requirements for business solutions related to network and security projects and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Datacenter Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and architect digital transformation and IT modernization technologies using market leading automation, orchestration compute, storage, virtualized solutions from our primary partners such as AWS, Cisco, DellEMC, Pure, VMware, Microsoft, Nutanix AppDynamics and Turbonomic.
You will be responsible for the leadership and delivery of pre-sales activities including proposal development, proof-of-concept construction, demonstrations, roadmaps, and architectural design sessions. You will have a clear understanding of various IaaS/PaaS services and reference architecture. You should be able to work at a client's site in collaboration with client team members and be motivated, self-driven, and focused on consulting around data center solutions and services.
- Assisting the sales team in identifying and qualifying opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Designing and architecting complex and cloud ready datacenter topology’s to meet desired customer outcomes based on solutions consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
- Crafting scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
- Collaborating with the Presidio sales team to develop customer relationship while contributing to the overall sales process.
- Establishing status as a Trusted Advisor with Presidio customers.
- Meeting with customers to identify business drivers, desired business outcomes and gather technical requirements.
- Crafting high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers.
- Crafting and develop Bill of Materials (BoM).
- Collaborating with Presidio’s Professional Services organizations on developing deployment models.
- Write and present Statement of Works (SOW).
- Knowing the latest on the ever changing software defined landscape.
- Presenting in front of large audiences at seminars and conventions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years of practical technology experience
- Previous, demonstrated experience migrating on-premise environments to a new on-premise or to any cloud environment
- Strong Storage Experience with any of DellEMC, NetApp, Nimble and Pure (Other storage vendors a plus)
- Strong HCI experience with any of Nutanix, Cisco HyperFlex, NetApp HCI or VxRail.
- Strong virtualization experience with VMware (ESX 6.x, VRNI, VROPS)
- Backup and Replication experience with Veeam, Rubrik, and Zerto.
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with compute
- Strong experience with Migration and Hybrid Migration projects and programs
- Moderate Datacenter Networking, with firewall configuration and routertroubleshootingexperience being a plus.
- Working knowledge of most relevant operating systems (Windows Server, RHEL, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Prior experience working for a system integrator or consulting organization preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc.) a plus
- Basic knowledge of container orchestration technologies (Docker & Kubernetes) a plus
- Good knowledge of AppDynamics and\or Turbonomics
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated passion for technology, solution design and self-study.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office products including Visio.
- Experience working for a systems integrator is preferred.
- CCIE Datacenter Preferred, but not required
- VMware VCP Preferred
- Additional certifications (AWS, Pure, Nutanix, NetApp, Rubrik, etc.) preferred