The primary purpose for this position is to make innovative and ingenious contributions to new solution/product design and implementation, based on understanding of applicable technology and how it can be applied to solution/product design, considerations of system-wide impact, hardware-software tradeoffs, and business issues for Sirius clients. This position will also take a lead technical role in reviewing and editing deliverables produced by other Engineers and IT Consultants (ITC).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements to develop IT services offerings that provide significant value to the geography which also includes recommending solutions and assisting sales, Engineers, and IT Consultants with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations. Supports engagements across multiple geographies
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as focal point for communications between both department ITCs and clients, when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties
- Provides pre-sales consultation with Client Executive or Sales Specialist to understand and contribute to Sirius’ technology and service offerings, and to align those offerings with client business requirements
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of assigned complex projects including developing short and long-range goals, objectives, and budgets. Coordinates activities with other departments and agencies, oversees records maintenance, monitors budgets, approves and monitors expenditures, oversees reporting requirements, evaluates program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness. Ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management.
- Reviews and develops deliverables for network assessments, site surveys and Data Center infrastructure assessments.
- Designs and oversees upgrade advanced and complex client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
- Quality Assurance for pre-sale SOW requests that meet triggers for size, cross brand, complexity
- Performs peer review of deliverables from other team members for technical content before distribution to the customer.
- Assist with developing standards for all deliverables for our practice and across service practices
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
- Provides direction and technical leadership for Solution Architects, Senior, Associate and Base Engineers. Manages a project team and directs Sirius and customer teams in solution design and development. Provides leadership in creating business cases, financial justification, and solution benefit content for customer ready deliverables and presentation
- Provides leadership and expert advice/counsel on technical subject matters and architecture design to Customers, the Network Team, and other Extended Sirius Teams. Recognized by customer, peers, management as SME expert
Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- At least seven (5) years of technical hands-on experience including three (3) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP or higher certification
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated experience leading advanced and complex technology projects in support of business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-vendor networking environments
- Graduate degree
- Cisco CCIE certification
- Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Amazon certification
Data Privacy and System Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.