Advance Auto Parts, a leader in the automotive aftermarket, currently has an opening for Solution Architect, Merchandising Systems. This position is within the Merchandising IT organization, which is charged with the mission of delivering technology solutions to enable our Planning, Merchandising, Fulfillment and Inventory Management business.
NOTE: OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE US
- Partner with category management, assortment, planning, merchandising, fulfillment and inventory management leadership to understand our business strategy and imperatives, and develop innovative solutions
- Understand the broader business imperatives and strategy, and be able to articulate them into a technical enablement roadmap, and effectively manage competing priorities to maximize the overall business benefit
- The ability to work at high level solution design and detailed problem solving is a critical component of success for this role, along with strong business acumen.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and articulate business priorities and strategies, and translate them into enablement roadmaps, initiatives and designs that can be effectively realized within given time, technical and business constraints
- Define and architect technology solutions that meet and exceed the needs of our business partners, including identification and deployment of system capabilities that enable innovation, deeper insights/analytics and automation
- Ensure new and enhanced application features, functions and capabilities are prioritized and applied to maximize business value
- Drive and influence the IT "to-be" technology footprint, develop roadmap and phased transition approach
- Define, develop, maintain, and communicate the future planning, merchandising, fulfillment and inventory management platform strategy to all levels including the Business and IT leadership
- Provide expertise as needed to address business, process and technical opportunities and challenges
- Lead multiple projects including business requirement gathering, establishing user acceptance baselines as well as documenting both functional and technical processes and design;
- Lead and realize systems development, including enhancements, major initiatives and remediation of chronic issues
- Prioritize and balance enhancement and maintenance workload to deliver larger business gains and improving application reliability
- Well organized documentation of both system and business processes in and surrounding the application
- Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
- Lead and participate in resolving cross-functional and cross-system issues with across technical and business process teams
- Collaborate with Merchandising IT leads and Business Analysts
- Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
- Proven history and results of partnering with business stakeholders to clearly define, prioritize and realize technology enablement solutions that create significant business value
- Comprehensive domain expertise in the end-to-end processes and application ecosystem supporting planning, merchandising, fulfillment and inventory management system processes
- 8+ years' professional experience with planning, merchandising, fulfillment and inventory management systems and processes, preferably in retail industry
- Expertise in Blue Yonder (JDA) suites of applications in the Merchandising domain, including PMM, D&F, Category Management, Inventory Optimization, etc.
- Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
- Enthusiasm to start with big picture concepts and see them through to successful delivery with a willingness to support the detailed level of execution to ensure success
- Knowledgeable in Agile software development and DevOps methodologies, along with Waterfall and IT Release Management.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Lucid Charts, Confluent & JIRA
- Experience leading workshops and requirement gathering sessions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
- Self-Directed, Independent. Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Go-Getter. Possesses strong, planning, execution and multitasking skills and demonstrated ability to reprioritize accordingly. Must be able to manage quickly changing priorities while meeting deadlines