This position is responsible for technical guidance and participation in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, specifications, design, development, testing, deployment, operations, and maintenance for software projects at Convey in concert.
The Software Architect will help maintain all client configurations of the software in concert with government regulations, guidance and client business specifications. The Software Architect is expected to keep abreast of industry developments by maintaining a working understanding of healthcare industry operations and compliance requirements. This position is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, but may allow partial or full remote work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership for, and participate in, all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, specifications, design, development, testing, deployment, operations, and maintenance.
- Help to promote an effective and positive work environment by establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with Convey staff and management.
- Assist in gathering and documenting business requirements when needed.
- Assist in business process sessions and writing documentation of system workflows.
- Facilitate problem solving sessions with clients and/or staff.
- Provide research and support for help desk questions.
- Support end user training sessions and workshops.
- Conduct testing on behalf of the business for system modifications and fixes.
- Maintain communication with clients and software engineers on project statuses and issue resolution.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the achievement of company goals and objectives by performing other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting the company.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by the company.
- Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
Required education, training, licenses, accreditation or certification and number of years and type of directly related experience. If applicable, please identify if an alternate "equivalency" of a combination of education and experience is sufficient.
Degree: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology.
Preferred major/area of study in depth understanding of web application development, and relational database concepts and programming
Number of years of supervisory/management experience (if any)
Number of years of experience 5+ years
Type of experience
- Strong back-end programming skills and experience
- Experience overseeing and mentoring junior development staff
- Proven ability to provide technical insight to business needs
- Windows/Linux Systems Administration experience a plus
- Project management and/or consulting experience a plus
- Strong problem solving ability and a customer-centric focus
- Be team focused with an attitude of group achievement as the primary goal
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a virtual office and virtual teaming experience
- Effective collaboration skills and experience
- Adept in working across a heavily matrixed organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Health care experience a plus.