- A highly dedicated professional with ambitious credentials and inspired by new challenges and growth opportunities?
- An agile teammate who exhibits fundamental problem-solving skills?
- A creative and effective communicator with a passion for providing a positive candidate experience?
Look ahead, imagine more and consider joining the CR team to begin making a difference!
The Solutions Architect is part of the Enterprise Architecture discipline at . The solutions architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting enterprise architecture activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services (including custom developed applications).
Solutions architects provide the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solutions architecture. This individual creates deliverables that help develop the direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "as is" and "to be" solutions — including systems (inclusive of applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives.
Solutions architects leverage and use technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes.
Scope of Activities
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state), and identify corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a portfolio of projects or initiatives.
- Provide oversight and direction to engineers, developers and business analysts within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate, and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Proven track record working with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Deep understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Practical experience leveraging agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt