Supports more complex technology, like Virtualization, Data Center, Storage, UC and Cloud Solutions. May specialize in one vendor or support multiple technologies. Must be available to travel in the field, to help our resellers understand the interworkings of today's complex technologies.
***REMOTE : Greater Chicago area preferred***
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Provide technical solutions expertise to customers and their end users in a consultative sales environment.
- Develop complete solutions to meet the requirements/specifications of the customer.
- Maintain new and current technical expertise across many technologies, such as data center, virtualization, security, mobility, unified communication, and cloud solutions
- Provide internal and external technical presentations and training
- Act as a visionary for recommending strategic vendors to enhance Tech Data's line card
- Work with sales to identify new or existing customers for specific technologies
- Assist in determining developmental needs of other technical resources and provide training and/or mentoring as required
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to answer phone and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to avoid win/loss situations and ensure productive resolutions of conflict.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
- Able to comprehend, integrate, and improve upon complex cross-functional business processes
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to design and develop sophisticated models for related area of responsibility.
- Able to display a preference for interacting with people, being friendly, outgoing, articulate and socially at ease.
- Able to display assertiveness and a high level of self-confidence.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to facilitate group interactions.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to be attentive and foster two-way conversation.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Able to think strategically and tactically.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at an advanced level.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility.
- Must have independent thought, ability to organize individual work product as well as project based personnel
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
High End Certifications in 3 of :
- Virtualization, Storage, Cloud, Networking, Servers Specific certifications in VMWare/Msoft; Cisco/HP/IBM; SAN, Networking, Data Center
- Able to maintain confidentiality of senstitive information.