You will join a team of 16 outstanding Solution Architects and report directly to the Vice President of Enterprise Solutions and Architecture. You will operate as an individual contributor and team member to solutions architects of varying levels, technical skills, and abilities. A high-degree of teamwork, collaboration skills, and personal integrity are required.
In this role, you will:
- Advise our internal and external clients and assist them with cloud and digital transformation.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to gather requirements and convert them to generate appropriate systems design architecture documentation.
- Lead the design and implementation of PaaS services, constructs and deployment methods including Database-as-a-Service, App Services, storage and automation.
- Implement PaaS and IaaS solutions in a public cloud platform such as Azure and/or AWS.
- Use Office 365 architecture experience to implement solutions with Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint Online, Flow, and Teams.
- Use knowledge of identity and access management in on-premises solutions and the cloud inclusive of Azure AD Connect, ADFS, and third-party identity providers.
- Define innovative solutions using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation templates.
- Convert the technical requirements of a project into the architecture and design that will guide the final product.
- Remain abreast of regulatory and compliance requirements in order to drive successful governance strategies.
- Take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, ensure capacity, monitor and adjust as appropriate.
- Ability to educate and influence stakeholders and engineering teams on effective cloud solutions and best practices.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Instruct customers on Azure Virtual Machines, Storage, Virtual Networking, Inter-site Connectivity, Monitoring, Data Protection, Network Traffic Management, Azure Active Directory, Security Identities, Governance & Compliance, and Data Services.
- Navigate across various customers with a trusted advisor / consultative approach and to establish credibility quickly with senior level executives across the customer organization.
- Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers.
To be successful in this roll, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and 10-12 years of professional experience in systems engineering.
- Understanding of MS Azure software development patterns and best practices.
- Experience Implementing a DevOps strategy in an MS Azure environment.
- Experience implementing automation in an MS Azure environment.
- Experience with Cloud Architecture and design.
- Experience as a solutions architect working on and writing technical portions for RFP, RFI, and new bids.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer facing interaction skills.
- US Citizenship Required.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Proven cloud infrastructure architecture experience.
- Desire to mentor and train internal technical teams.
- Must have experience in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders.
- Passionate about emerging technology, want to pursue certifications, and the desire to further your cloud career.
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP Addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Proven expertise in the implementation of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI).
- Possess current industry-recognized certifications in the cloud arena such as Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Data Engineer Associate, Azure Developer Associate, or Azure Database Administrator.