Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
The Solutions Architect will be a technical customer facing prime for Blue Planet Software supporting the North America region. This individual will work very closely with the Customer and Engagement Lead to understand, navigate and build an overall software architecture and solution for a target customer or market. The solution will include all of Blue Planet Software platforms within the customer’s environment as well as adjacent Orchestration and/or Automation tools and systems.
- Prepare presentation materials, demos, etc., attend and very often lead customer meetings
- Leads and builds the solution creation and drives value for Blue Planet.
- Liaise with PLM, Sales, Engineering and Delivery to create the best overall Blue Planet solution for the customer.
- Ensure proposed solutions are technically viable, meet customer requirements and provide maximum benefit to Blue Planet
- Identify partners, potential JV or acquisition having a strategic fit to the mission and providing scale and further differentiation of overall Blue Planet solutions.
- Provides an outside-in view on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the segment.
- Seek opportunities to improve customer operational models. Based on insight around bottle necks, long transactions. Seeking opportunities for automation to streamline customer operations and make them more efficient.
- Engage with customers around processes for service delivery and how they can move towards automation and orchestration
- Takes an active interest in the evolution of best practices in the industry and ongoing knowledge of Blue Planet solutions in the solution architect context
- Engaging with customers with knowledge of large scale OSS, BSS and NMS Applications.
- Understands customers operational models for running their network, good ITIL or ETOM background.
- Be able to engage the customer with deep technical insight around operational aspects of designing, provisioning, managing and operating a network
- Understands future telecom architectures around virtualization.
- Good understanding on all aspects of the Telecommunications network design from layer 0 to layer 7
- Basic Understanding of channel management within Ciena and the assigned partner organizations.
- Ideally holds in depth knowledge and experience of working not only in the Service Provider space but also in other verticals such as Mobile Core, Utilities, Transport, Finance and IoT
- Understand the market dynamics and trends, develop and drive PLM and therefore Engineering to create compelling solutions to put forward in Blue Planet
- Excellent business acumen and industry knowledge
- Ability to work with and through others
- Customer Focused
- Excellent Written and Verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a matrix and collaborative environment
- English Language is must, others welcome
- Willing to travel extensively domestically and occasionally globally.
- Sc. Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of discipline
- Good understanding of traditional Telecom Architecture operations models and process flows
- 10+ years experience with Live network migration and telecommunication consulting
- Understanding future telecom architectures around Virtualization (ETSI NFV ISG, ONF, ONAP etc).
- Actively keeps pace with the market, best practices and thought leaders
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process