CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Solutions Architect generates sales opportunities for a specific product/service within prospect accounts and identifies upsell opportunities within existing customers. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, topics, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate customer needs and design appropriate technical solutions. Architects act as a champion internally, translating industry best practices, trends, and customer needs back to peer groups in Operations, Marketing, Product, Service Delivery, Architecture/Engineering etc. to facilitate ongoing, actionable, improvements to the CenturyLink's suite of products in which they specialize.
- Assists in identifying key technical influencers at existing customers and pursues marketing generated sales leads to close new business with prospective customers. Manages a forecast and funnel for product specific opportunities within assigned territory.
- Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications. Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone. Interacts independently with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
- Reviews customer business requirements developed directly or by sales/sales engineering. Interacts with sales/sales engineers and customers on large complex deals for specific products.
- Proactively identifies areas of process and design improvement within specific product area, contacts impacted departments and recommends potential solutions.
- Designs technical solutions that meet the customers' business objectives by mapping to CenturyLink products. Clarifies ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues. Provides guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements. May interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
- Acts as a liaison to internal groups such as Service Delivery, Offer Management, Product, Marketing, Architecture and Capacity Planning to relay customer requirements and develop deliverable solutions.
- Coordinates customer implementation with service delivery organization, provides design clarifications. Interfaces directly with customer.
- Experience: 7+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Engineering, Physics
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 7+ yrs Experience in a pre-sales role responsible for needs identification, qualification and solutions design specifically with this product/application
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications within this area of technology with extensive knowledge of competitive offerings and trends.
- Sales ability: Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging existing technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate new business within assigned territory.
- Utilizes Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or other solution selling methodology.
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with multiple levels of decision making.
- Problem Solving: Expert problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint required.
Alternate Location: US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 208914
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.