Job ID 61920
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
Help us solve our customers' complex business problems. The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Solutions Architect with extensive technical expertise in Java, middleware, and supporting technologies to join us. In this role, you will work directly with our customers to understand their infrastructure and business needs and then present them with the most appropriate middleware solutions. You'll develop and conduct live demonstrations of our Red Hat JBoss Middleware offerings and educate customers on their capabilities, as well as help with the design and development of larger, more complex solutions. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll need to be knowledgeable in the middleware domain with recent, direct coding and architectureexperience, as well as able to demonstrate excellent customer-facing skills. This role can be located anywhere in the Northeastern U.S. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide technical credibility to the Red Hat Sales team
- Scope, design, develop, test, and present proof-of-concept applications using Red Hat’s offerings
- Develop and conduct live demonstrations of our middleware offerings
- Educate customers on the capabilities of Red Hat JBoss Middleware software offerings
- Assist sales teams in answering technical questions, possibly in the form of requests for proposal (RFPs) or requests for information (RFIs)
- Identify the appropriate technologies that will solve problems that our customers have
- Form relationships with the customer technical associates to identify new opportunities
- Contribute to Red Hat JBoss Middleware offerings through documentation (e.g., wiki, quick-start guides, and whitepapers) or development (e.g., demonstrations, bug fixes, enhancements, and suggestions)
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering teams on the direction of our offerings and customer applicability of their features
- Background in consulting, enterprise architecture, presales, or sales engineering
- 5+ years of experience with standard Java development
- 3+ years of experience with JEE development, e.g., Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), WildFly, Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS), or IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- 3+ years of working in system architecture with recent practical experience with business process management (BPM) software like Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite, jBPM, IBM BPM, or Pegasystems, or business rules software like Red Hat JBoss BRMS, Drools, IBM iLog or IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM), or FICO Blaze Advisor
Practical experience with the following:
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions like OpenShift by Red Hat, Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Data virtualization technologies like Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization, Teiid, Composite, or Informatica
- Distributed caching technologies like Red Hat JBoss Data Grid, Infinispan, Oracle Coherence, or Terracotta BigMemory
- Integration technologies like Red Hat JBoss Fuse, Apache Camel, Fabric8, Apache ServiceMix, MuleSoft, WSO2, IBM Integration Bus, IBM WebSphere ESB (WESB), IBM WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), or Oracle SOA Suite
- Messaging technologies like Red Hat JBoss AMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, IBM Websphere MQ (WMQ), Kafka, or Tibco Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with Apache Maven and Git
- C or C++ or .NET development skills
- Technical writing abilities
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.