$100K — $150K *
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to work with customers in Southern California. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with a balance of technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our most interesting customers in the West Coast.
Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint. On the forefront of this adoption are AWS Solutions Architects, educating the customers on how to craft highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The ability to link technology with measurable business value, and think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges are essential skills for the role.
They will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. It's ok to be less deep in some places, but we need to feel confident that they have the fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly.
The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with customers via email, phone, video conferences, and in-person meetings, so they must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
The Solutions Architect also has the opportunity to develop and deliver reusable content, such as reference architectures, blog posts, white papers, and presentations. Many AWS SA's are active industry experts and speak at conferences and events.
The ideal AWS Solutions Architect has a builder mindset, and is passionate about technology. They enjoy absorbing new information continuously and staying ahead of the curve. People who might get easily bored in slower moving environments might do well here.
This role requires domestic travel up to 35%. We are open for the candidate to be based out of the major cities in Southern California, including Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Diego. San Francisco Bay Area based candidates will also be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
· Educate startup and SMB customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
· As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
· Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform
· 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
· 3+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
· Working knowledge of cloud technologies
· Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
· Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
· Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
· Experience using and adapting to new technologies
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Solution selling experience
Valid through: 11/15/2020