As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports. The Client Solution Support role is in the Technology Enablement pillar. The main function of this pillar is to serve as the primary interface between the tax business leadership and IT.
- Provide first level technical support to EY and client end users remotely
- Perform effective call management, maintaining ownership on cases, and monitoring / updating / resolving incidents in a timely manner.
- Escalate unresolved incidents to other support groups, including vendors, to expedite resolution, while providing end user updates on case progress.
- Monitor and manage incidents via the call management tool to confirm all requests are prioritized and managed appropriately.
- Inform the Team Lead or management situations that may affect the delivery or quality of service to the end user.
- Recognize major incidents timely and accurately
- Keep aware of your support availability to help our end users maintaining team service levels
- Perform quality on all incidents handled, clearly documenting case situations, and providing accurate investigation
- Keep updated with policies and procedures relating to Ernst & Young technology services
- Update and maintain knowledge documentation to assist technicians globally, considering the IT Services “Shift Left” strategy.
- Be available to perform after hours work (including holidays), and global conference calls when required.
- Perform daily / weekly administrative tasks, as well as special assignments as required
- Highlight any individual or team training / knowledge gaps that may exist and work with senior members of team to address/resolve. Contribute to and participate in team meetings, and any relevant projects that will enhance the service
- Participate in the firms’ performance management and development process co-developing Annual Plans with appointed counselor.
- Adopt a logical and organized approach to problem resolution
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Manages low impact projects that require the ability to create and implement timelines related to project deliverables, assign tasks and follow up on their completion and manage sponsor/customer expectations of the outcome of the deliverable
- Understands the firm’s business, organizational structure and operations
- Applies process and technology enablement knowledge to analyses and problem solving with moderate complexity
- Uses sound judgment and consistency in providing measurement results
- Uses analysis to identify opportunities and offer solutions
- Decision making is limited; influences others in solutioning
- Works with moderate level of guidance
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Over 3 years’ experience working in an IT support environment in an advanced role, working with a call management tool, responsible for hardware, software & business process requests
- Over 1 year working knowledge of ITIL incident management & co-ordination
- Successful completion of College/University course in Business, Computing or Information Technology
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundation course or MCDST
- Soft skills course completion directly relating to customer care
- Outlook – Mail & Databases
- Windows XP
- Active Directory
- Working knowledge of standard business applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite)
- Intel compatible hardware (Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Mobile Devices)
- Networking concepts (e.g. WAN, LAN)
- Remote Access (e.g. VPN, wireless)
- Understanding of IT security & its importance
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Works with limited direction and oversight
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- A bachelor’s degree (computer science preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience