Business Development, Sales Company Overview:
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference - for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you're a part of ADT Commercial, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Position Summary:
This position is responsible for:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Selling the company's solutions including products, labor and services.
- Selling primarily to "end-user" customers.
- Up-selling/cross-selling to the existing customer base.
- Maintaining and developing positive customer relationships.
- Achieving or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly quotas for both the installation and service businesses.
- Growing the company's recurring monthly revenue (RMR) business by providing solutions to existing as well as new clients.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in buying the products and services required to meet their needs, resulting in revenue generation for the company.
- Conducting site surveys in preparation of customer needs analysis and estimates.
- Preparing statement(s) of work (SOW) and corresponding sales estimate(s).
- Conducting sales presentations to customers and management, as required.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of company services.
- Acquiring and maintaining sound knowledge of all product lines and services offered.
- Partnering with internal departments to communicate job scopes and relay customer needs.
- Attracting new customers and up-selling a client base through a combination of field sales, phone sales, and direct marketing efforts.
- Possessing excellent cold-calling skills and the ability to identify and find new business.
- Generating sales leads and customer account information.
- Creating proposals for customers; outlining plans for preventive maintenance (including the scope of repairs and solutions); reviewing testing reports and working with Service Technicians to quantify service repair proposals based on discrepancies discovered during system inspections.
- Assisting in marketing initiatives related to sales activities, including the development of sales and business plans.
- Reviewing testing reports and working with service technicians to quantify service repair proposals based on deficiencies discovered during system inspections.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience in high volume sales and a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry experience as a successful sales representative.
- Must have consistently met or exceeded sales performance for the past three (3) to five (5) years.
- Must demonstrate professional knowledge with an in depth understanding of all or most of the following systems: fire alarm/life-safety, intrusion alarm, access control, video surveillance, nurse-call, plus low voltage systems in general, installation, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- The ability to organically grow business by providing solutions to a new and existing client base.
- Ability to build customer relationships through consultative selling and the promotion of customer confidence in ADT.
- Must have a technical aptitude and an understanding of drawings and codes.
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and prospecting skills.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer organizations.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and be available for travel, which may include nights and weekends, to accommodate customers' schedules, trainings, meetings, etc.
- Must have a driver's license with an acceptable record and be able to clear a drug screening.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office/field environment.
- Construction sites and customers' facilities.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support business requirements.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; twist, use hands to handle, push, pull or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.