Build your career. Own your life.
At Slalom, we put people first. Every individual who joins us becomes part of our fabric, weaving their talents and perspectives into the greater whole of who we are. Our local model enables our consultants to get off the road and make a large impact to local clients in their own communities. We strive to always go above and beyond in everything we do, and it shows in our results:
· Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2017
· Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2016
· Consulting Magazine Best Firms to Work For 2017
· Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work (100% Corporate Equality Index) 2015-2016
Slalom’s Organizational Effectiveness (OE) practice enables companies to get the most business value from their people, processes, and technologies. Members of our OE team are experienced leaders, change practitioners, talent development experts, and leadership development specialists who build customized solutions for people-facing projects.
What You Possess
Our OE Solution Principals are experienced practice leaders and savvy collaborators, with expertise in championing a compelling point of view around best practices and emerging trends. As part of our Leadership Team we look to our Solution Principals to lead the evolution of the OE practice through thought leadership, oversight of delivery work, business development, and driving recruitment.
To be successful in the Solution Principal role, we are looking for leaders with;
· Minimum 8 years of client-facing consulting in talent strategy and organizational effectiveness with experience in one or more of the following areas; employee experience, leadership development, culture change, or high-performing teams
· Proven history of leveraging and growing a client base, with a track record of revenue generation exceeding $1.5m per annum
· Experience developing and championing a compelling point of view around best practices and emerging trends in organizational effectiveness while identifying opportunities to expand the capability and maturity of practice offerings, designing and delivering solutions to solve our client’s organizational challenges
· Expert people management and business operations skills (SOWs, practice area financials, utilization)
· Renowned participation in OE industry forums, events, and speaking engagements
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage teams and complex work streams, oversee project delivery, and gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
Defining Your Success
In order to guide you on what a successful Solution Principal would achieve, we would look for you to be comfortable with the following tasks:
· Drive overall growth of the OE practice area through the design of leading OE thought leadership, achieving sales targets, and development of a recruitment strategy
· Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of OE offerings, and set the direction for that growth. Enriching the expertise of OE team members through development and delivery of case studies, white papers, learning materials, and other resources to elevate internal knowledge of solutions
· Assisting in the implementation of strategy, business initiatives, and organizational and cultural changes for leadership alignment, change leadership, stakeholder and employee experience, large scale program design, organization performance, and communications. Serving as a subject matter expert and demonstrate mastery in leading/overseeing projects
· Enriching Slalom’s culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis
· Position located in Silicon Valley, CA
· Slalom operates under a local consulting model and we treat travel as an opt-in only. It is unlikely that travel outside of your local market would be required.
Within Slalom, we are agile nativists so like to move quickly yet thoroughly. We have an interview process that will help us assess your OE knowledge and experience, provide an opportunity for us to get to know each other, all in a surprisingly fun environment – we’re not here to make you feel uncomfortable or stressed, we’re all about our people.
· Phone Screen with Recruitment – we’ll ask questions on background, experience, and see if there is a two-way fit between yourself and Slalom
· Subsequent visits to Slalom office – During these visits, you will meet our OE Practice Leadership Team and members of the broader Silicon Valley Leadership and Sales Teams. Assessment will be situationally based, as we explore how your history has prepared you for the challenges of our Solution Principal role.
Our Tips for a Successful Application
We want you to be successful and become a part of our awesome team. Here are some tips for an application with Silicon Valley Organizational Effectiveness;
· Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs
· As consultants, we are required to be thorough in our client delivery and this is a key element we will assess during the interview process. Take time to research our company (www.slalom.com), the role, and your perspective peers
· Bring a Point of View. At Slalom, our clients look to us to bring the latest market trends and industry thinking. We are therefore looking for consultants who have different experiences, an opinion on how to improve current processes, plus taking the time to remain in-line with the skills required in the current market
· Have fun! We want to see you in your natural working environment and assess your full potential. At Slalom. We like to enjoy our work and our colleague’s presence, this is what makes us a great company to work for.
Diversity the Slalom way
We want our people to bring their authentic selves to work.
Here, diversity is much more than numeric representation. It’s the daily inclusive dialogue, breadth of perspective, and participatory decision-making. From taking action and nurturing an open, collaborative work environment, to seeking more diverse representation in leadership, inclusion is embedded in the DNA of our culture and in the way we do business.
Job Number: JO-1709-1860