Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Solution Principal- Cloud DevOps Security
Do you want to lead the design, development, and delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions while working on team-based projects? Would you like to help fuel a growing software engineering culture at the best consulting firm in the world?
Join Slalom's Cross-Market team as a Solution Principal and help build strategies and systems to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. We love people who are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo, and develop the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical approach for DevOps capabilities and provide oversight across multiple projects, working directly with both client and Slalom teams.
- Help grow our practice by crafting solution offerings, developing thought leadership in the DevOps community, and leading teams.
- Lead initial technical conversations and workshops with clients.
- Assist with shaping engagements and proposals.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with our local markets to help support and mature their Cloud and DevOps delivery capabilities.
- Assist with establishing and managing partnerships with key technology partners.
- Hire, coach, and develop our DevOps engineers.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible technology and leadership experience.
- Continuous Delivery pipeline design and implementation experience.
- Hands on public cloud configuration and application migration experience (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM).
- Solid Agile and Lean methodology experience, including collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.