Responsible for developing persona based industry and market-specific value propositions and messaging to generate brand awareness/preference and accelerate revenue for assigned IHS Markit Engineering & Product Design offerings. Will leverage product knowledge and product marketing skill set to create relevant, compelling and scalable content and awareness, sales enablement tools, go to market messaging and customer facing materials.
Develops a comprehensive understanding of customer wants and needs, develops persona profiles, and identifies target audiences.
- Develops solution messaging and core content that: reflect value proposition for industries and market, leverages a common methodology, and is scalable.
- Develops and executes the Go To Market (GTM) plan for assigned products / solutions in close collaboration with marketing stakeholders.
- Leads the creation of customer-facing assets (presentations, collateral, videos, demos) and sales enablement toolkits (value propositions, use cases, competitive differentiators that maps to the different phases of the sales / buying cycle.
- Assesses marketing channels, distributes assets through appropriate delivery channels, and enables usage.
- Supports the development of the demand generation strategy and liaises with Campaign management team, provides demand generation program content / assets, and supports local execution.
- Supports awareness and thought leadership programs (articles, white papers, webcasts, conferences, analyst relations, public relations) and the digital properties of IHS Markit and partners by providing themes, core scalable content, identifying / enrolling customer references and subject matter experts, and identifying target publications and analysts.
- Supports social media by building and maintaining a presence for target industries and markets
- Responsible for assessing market trends, quantifying opportunities and developing programs to meet the growing needs of the specific solution and segment.
- Works within marketing and sales organization as well as business leaders to increase visibility, education and awareness to key industry audiences through the use of press releases, case studies, press briefings, featured stories, speaking opportunities and analyst briefings.
- Provides inputs into events strategy, including recommended events, budget allocation and proposed themes.
- Determines most effective segment / vertical sales tools and drives usage to maximize sales productivity.
- Ensures that sales and marketing teams understand and are able to fully utilize tools to enhance sales and marketing activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong background and proven record in the B2B space, marketing data products, services and software with preference in working with the engineering persona
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of product / solutions marketing techniques and programs, including persona-based marketing, solution selling, and digital marketing.
- Strong ability to independently manage multiple go-to-market campaigns, programs, and integrated projects in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated excellent written communications skills, including ability to independently write or edit customer-facing or external communications.
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to develop and conduct presentations for clients, prospects and management.
- Proficient with PC and related software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive champion of ideas and strategic direction input and execution
- Proven, effective interpersonal skills, able to present information, influence decisions and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience working in a cross-functional matrix organization, including understanding of global/ regional/ country organizational dynamics.
- 5-10 years relevant experience within the Energy sector.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required.