As the Solutions Engineer, your focus is to lead technical sales efforts focused on creating solutions for the Logistics & Integration product lines. This could include IT infrastructure systems, Logistics, Integrations, Software and Hardware product lines. In addition to leading or participating in the sales efforts, you will be responsible for consulting engagements in the most complex environments to ensure optimal implementation of the complex design. You'll also be responsible for active participation in the planning, designing, pricing solutioning which would include implementation and support of the Zones Logistics & Integrations offerings. The Solution Engineer will deliver high-quality solutions to Zones customers and will ensure that the provided technical designs are consistent with business objectives.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Solution Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- Lead Solution Sales effort which includes; Working as part of the Solution Development team to create responses to customer RFPs and technical solution components of SOW.
- Establish pricing and create technical documents applicable to Managed Service opportunities.
- Create solutions to solve critical business initiatives and provide supporting documentation to recommended solution.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of Managed Service Solutions
- Prepare high-level design documents and presentations that clearly describe design principles, including the rationale and potential implications of decisions/options
- Conduct design sessions, customer presentations and occasional end-user training
- Have an active contributor role in the technical strategy for nfrastructure offerings relating to Managed Service Solutions.
- Participate in the definition and development of Managed Service solution catalogue offerings
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- 4+ years of experience in a Solution Engineering/Architecture role in any sector
- 2+ years strategic solutioning, pricing and contract negotiation via Solutioning roles
- Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
- Ability to strategize, plan and execute writing requirements for all proposals, responses etc.
- Entrepreneur spirit with smart leadership qualities, ownership and accountability.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, strong customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, unstructured, limited governance dynamic environment without losing focus on results.
- Analytical/critical-thinking skills for understanding complex product offerings, value propositions, and defining them in succinct, persuasive written responses.
- Ability to mentor and constructively guide business units and provide articulate consultation on departmental procedures, best practices, and strategic responses.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by initiative, mentorship, collaboration, big-picture thinking.
- Advanced knowledge in the following areas preferred:
- Integrations, Logistics or IT managed services
- IT infrastructure, integrations and operations management
- Ability to interface with executive-level customers, achieve buy-in and support for initiatives
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to effectively lead and perform in a team environment
- Professional attitude and demeanor towards clients, partners and peers
- Excellent presenter which includes; written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work weekends and/or off-hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to travel an average of 25% of scheduled hours, with occasional overnight travel
- Understanding of logistics & integrations needed to deliver solutions at scale around diverse technologies including:
- Operating system deployment methodologies, to include MDT, SCCM and Dell Kace.
- Windows Operating systems, Active Directory, Virtualization and Microsoft's suite of System Center Products.
- Cloud-based services, to include, Azure AD, Intune, Azure IaaS and Microsoft's Modern Device Management offerings.
- AirWatch and Amazon Web Services.
- Hardware deployment
- Voice and data communications equipment.