Department Description: The Marketing Cloud Sales Engineering team is an innovative group of professionals at the heart of the Marketing Cloud’s industry leading solutions. This talented team helps Salesforce customers and prospects develop and implement strategies to take their digital marketing efforts to an entirely new level. Through collaboration with the customer, the Marketing Cloud Products team, Professional Services and the Solutions Engineers develop unique solutions that help our customers connect with their customers in new ways. The SE world is a dynamic, ever changing environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Sales Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Product. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is the department for you.
- A Sales Engineer at Salesforce Marketing Cloud plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative digital marketing strategies to technology solutions within key strategic accounts. This role focuses on partnering with clients and collaborating with internal team members and C-level client contacts to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across the various Salesforce product lines. Solutions Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance. The Solutions Engineer focuses primarily in these three areas:
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex business problems and using research and business assessment capabilities, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, define the opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management: Bring rigor to a client’s decision making process by presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement.
- Connect Experiences: Demonstrate through software demos and rapid prototyping how connected experiences come to life with The Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This includes the delivery of executive level software demonstrations, construction of future state customer journey strategies, and developing long term IT roadmaps.
- Industry Understanding & Experience: Financial Services experience is welcome, but not required. A candidate’s experience with their banks, credit cards, 401k, and insurance company will help the SE become comfortable discussing the challenges and needs of this industry with C-Level Executives. Credibility and trust is a Salesforce core characteristic and our customers expect engagement in their language and terms with focus on their unique needs.
- “Solutioning” is fundamental to the Marketing Cloud SE role. It is important to realize that a component of the responsibilities will include assisting the customer, Account Executive and Professional Services team with the discovery, analysis and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions for the customer by delivering visionary pitches based in live product demonstrations to validate. These Solutions will leverage the Marketing Cloud technology to address the core marketing challenges and objectives that are uniquely identified for each customer.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pre-sales consulting with experience focused exclusively on the digital spacE
- Requires 30% travel
- Previous experience as a Senior Solutions Engineer or other Customer Facing Role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines to help customers transform their business using the Salesforce Customer Success Platform
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap initiatives with clients and partners
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to clients businesses
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- New business opportunity identification
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.