Solution Development Manager - Software & Strategic Solutions
Position location: Candidates should reside in the Northern New England Area
The SDM professional is focused to the sale of the production solution portfolio under Ricoh Production Printing's TotalFlow initiative. The SDM partners with the Area & Production Printing sales teams in both the pre-sales and direct sales processes to sell Professional Services and solutions products to net new and existing customers. By evaluating, testing, and documenting the customer's business and technology requirements, they create a compelling Ricoh business solution that meets the customer's needs. The SDM provides pre-sales and direct sales of professional services and solutions to existing customers in partnership with the Production Printing sales team.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets or exceeds assigned equipment sales and professional services sales targets.
- Achieves assigned KPI's including face to face sales calls, customer demos, solution sales, and solution attach rate.
- Actively involved in the sales process with Regional production sales teams to evaluate prospective customer needs and to assist with account sales strategy development.
- Proposes and closes the sale of complex services and solutions that impact Ricoh's strategic Production Printing business. Sales can be as a component of an overall equipment solution in partnership with assigned Sales Region, or independently as a sales representative targeting existing Ricoh customers.
- Applies a consultative approach and analyzes and documents customer requirements via the Needs Analysis Document.
- Develops/recommends hardware, software, solutions, and professional services that meet customer business goals and technical needs.
- Responsible for securing customer acceptance of the solution implementation plan directly or with the PPSE on the account.
- Engages the Corporate Customer Relations Group as appropriate and assures issue resolution through the CIL process.
- Responsible for follow-up from internal customer satisfaction surveys on all assigned customers for Solution selling opportunities or additional ASF.
- Follow-up with customers and internal resources to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ongoing personal sales, technical, and business skill development through the attainment of appropriate certifications and attendance at training.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and competitive developments as applicable to local markets and position responsibilities.
- Masters a broad array of solutions enablers and is considered a subject matter expert in data streams, production workflow, finishing, VDP, Web2Print, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Requires Bachelors degree in computer science / information technology or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in production printing pre-sales and post-sales services and solutions implementation in production environments and/or industry related experience