This resource will be responsible for the development of our business intelligence layer (TM1) as we continue to roll out new enterprise based applications to support our global retail infrastructure.
- Build and maintain applications using IBM Planning Analytics (TM1). The applications would leverage TM1 Cubes, TI processes, Dimensions required to support analytics and planning functions.
- Build and Integrate TM1 as a data source for other consuming applications. Integrations could be with a BI tool (Cognos), TM1 interfaces like PAw, PAx, TM1 Web etc.
- Ensure ongoing operational stability of key Planning Analytics (TM1) cube/applications in production by working withsupport and administration teams.
- Performs programming, COTS configuration, code analysis, debugging and review, and develops and executes unit/integration tests, all at a high level of complexity.
- Creates and reviews Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of high level of complexity.
- Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Detailed Technical Specifications.
- Consults on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity.
- Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of medium to high level of complexity
- Acts in Development Lead capacity for medium to high initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues. Reports status to Project management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Leads Solution Development process definitions, and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
- Actively participates in new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
- Actively participates in defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
- Actively participates in evaluation of 3rd party engagement need and in SOW creation and review process.
- Works with the Systems Development Life Cycle and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company
- 4 + Years development experience building TM1 cubes and interfaces.
- Working experience building and supporting cubes in TM1 version 10 and above.
- Working knowledge of TM1 version 10+ tools (TM1 Architect, Web, Perspective, PAW, PAX etc.)
- Working experience in building and maintaining TM1 cubes in Linux environment a big plus.
- Experience with installation, configurations and patch/version updates highly preferred
- Master in one or more of the following areas: database concepts, multi-tier/multi- platform application development, distributed processing, open source, business service - SOA/ SCA, mainframe application development, object oriented programming concepts, vendor package configuration, understanding of systems design. Able to direct or provide guidance on design of solutions in or between domains
- Demonstrated mastery with various testing concepts and debugging tools.
- Requires a highly advanced level of technical expertise, along with an ability to identify and incorporate innovative technical solutions during system design and architecture phases. Strong enterprise architecture and design perspectives.
- Requires mastery of the systems development life cycle including complementary software development methods such as software prototyping, JAD, RAD and software development methods based on iterative and incremental development such as Agile
- Expert understanding of source code management tools and concepts
- Thorough understanding of DevOps concepts and tools
- Excellent verbal and written technical and business communication skills. Able to communicate with various areas of IT.
- Able to lead a development team.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the architecture and implementation of applications and systems of medium to high level of complexity.
- Able to drive and coalesce support for changing requirements and priorities.
- Mentor - provide technical guidance to junior and mid-level technicians.
6-8 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience