Define, develop and support application software as required to support the objectives of Information Technology and the business units. This position reports to Supervisor of Solution Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn, use, become proficient in, and teach the technologies, tools, and techniques that are established and standardized for Solution Development by IT Management:
- Technologies include SQL Server/T-SQL, ASP.NET/VB.NET, Crystal Reports.NET, Oracle PL/SQL, Loftware, Cognos, Jasper, Mark Magic, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Tools include SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, DevExpress, SourceSafe, Oracle SQL Developer, Loftware, and Crystal Designer.
- Techniques include Tracing, Transactions, Production Control, Naming Conventions and other best practices.
- Apply analysis, design, coding, testing, and production control best practices in a team environment towards the timely development and support of application software.
- Organize and participate in project meetings that are held to discuss project scope, requirements, design, planning, and status.
- Work alone or with other developers under the guidance of Development Supervisors, Project Managers, and IT Management to complete development tasks that meet business requirements.
- Bachelor’s in MIS or Computer Science degree or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of software development experience.
- Good technical knowledge in application development tools, techniques, best practices and methodologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working on projects from concept to implementation alone or with a team.
- Ability to conduct software reviews and status updates with Manager.
- Established coding, testing, rollout, and follow-up skills.
- Good troubleshooting/support skills.
- Warehousing or Transportation Logistics experience is a plus.
- Must be able to travel with potential for extended overnight trips (up to 10%)
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.