The Boeing Company is looking for a Solution Designer to join our team. The Solution Designer will be responsible for creating automation solutions as a member of the Boeing Business Process Automation Team within the Office of Internal Governance & Administration (OIG&A) organization. The ability to learn in a fast-paced environment is critical, as the role is expected to comprehend and transform existing business processes into automated solutions within short timeframes. Interacting with subject matter experts (SMEs) from all areas of the organization, the role must leverage solution documents and information from SMEs while configuring automations, creating transparency and adhering to audit controls in a highly scrutinized environment. The Solution Designer works closely with process team SMEs to iteratively configure BPA solutions.
- · Develop and configure business process automations per low level design and technical design documentation to meet defined requirements. Comply with and help to enforce design and coding standards, policies, and procedures. Ensure quality of coded components by performing thorough testing.
- · Be a catalyst to change by demonstrating an understanding of existing processes and clearly depicting to subject matter experts (SMEs) that an automated solution is equal or better to facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) process. Maintain the flexibility to facilitate change requirements as part of a structured change control process, further enforcing your SME relationships.
- · Prepare the necessary documentation to handover automated solutions into business as usual (BAU) processes, enabling a stable production environment through adequate forward planning. Conduct walkthroughs with relevant persons to ensure the knowledge of others prior to final deployment.
This position is located in Renton, WA and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously to deliver on tight deadlines
- Exposure to Lean / Six Sigma methodologies and the implementation of process improvements
- Understanding of object based coding
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution
- Proficiency with Macros, coding languages such as Java and VBA preferred
- Proficiency / knowledge of other Robotic Process Automation solutions will be a big asset
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle and structured programming methods (both traditional and agile), including solution design, program development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance
- Ability to work independently, or in groups, as the lead participant
- Ability to work well with project managers, programmers, vendors and end users in cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, articulate, speaks and writes English well
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Knows how to prioritize requests effectively and efficiently and work with a sense of urgency
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A Degree in Computing, Business, Information Systems
- Experience negotiating the scope of solutions with stakeholders
- Experience delivering solutions based on consistent processes and policies
- Broad understanding of applications utilized within the Boeing Enterprise
- Certification in Blue Prism or other products (ex: Automation Anywhere)
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.