You will be a member of Juniper Strategic Delivery (JSD) organization and work with a group of Technical & highly energetic solution-centric GSBT (Global Solutions & Business Transformation) leaders in their engagement. JSD group’s charter: streamline engagement between various GSBT Solution/Architecture initiatives within Juniper and validate those designarchitectures for its top customers.
About the Position
As a (Sr) Solution Consultant in JSD you will have the opportunity to lead and drive the successful production deployment and integration of new technology to our key customers. From building capabilities for OSS/BSS integration to owning the integration of SDN/NFV technologies for our customers, you will have the chance to design, build, test, develop and deliver these technologies both on your own and as part of larger teams.
JSD is looking to you to bring your experience, expertise and enthusiasm into Juniper to help build our foundation of knowledge and expand our portfolio of successful SDN/NFV production deployments.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and driving the integration and successful production deployment of SDN/NFV related solutions for our customers
- Leading test related efforts: regression test, POC, scale testing, migration testing, certification and end-to-end solution testing
- Lead/drive/collaborate with Field/Sales Engineers and Customers to develop and analyze Customer Deployment Architectures, Network topologies, Test and Project Plans, High-level and detailed design documentation, migration plans
- Participate in design and information gathering workshops with the Customer
- Review and analyze Test Plans based on customer solution requirements to maximize coverage and identify gaps
- Scripting and automation: we need you to do what it takes for a successful customer deployment
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Juniper Networks’ products
- Provide regular feedback of product requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting and product management as well as other Professional Services Practices.
- Hold technical meetings with the Customer to discuss technology/solution problems, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Communicate effectively with customer, account team and otherinternal stakeholders on overall project status
Desired Technology Knowledge on:
- SDN, NFV, VNF, Open Stack (SDN/NFV related knowledge is key for this role)
- Juniper Contrail, Open Contrail
- Virtualization technology (VMware, Linux, Hypervisors, containers, lambdas..)
- Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds
- Cloud orchestration, automation and monitoring tools
- Telco Clouds & Clouds SPs
- Routers, Switches, Security Devices, and IP Networking Fundamentals
- Internet Protocols: TCP/UDP/IPv4/IPv6
- Networking: L2 DCI (OTV, VPLS, MPLS L3VPN, VxLAN EVPN), VxLAN,
- Routing Protocols: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, RIP
- Knowledge of Overlay/Underlay Networks
- Multicast knowledge is a plus
- Security knowledge is a plus
- Automation Languages: Perl, Python, Robot Framework
Desired Skills/ Experience/ Background:
- 6-10 years experience in delivering Systems into Telco and/or DC environments , and integration into OSS/BSS/IT in Service Providers and/or Enterprise customers
- 2-3 years SDN / NFV experience (SD-WAN, uCPE, SDN, NFV, Pub/Private Cloud)
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer-facing/Consultative role
- 1+ year(s) of Project/Program Management Experience
- Technical writing and project/program management experience
- Building Test Labs for functionality, performance and scale is a plus
- Experience writing both high and low-level (detailed) design documentation
- Device level configuration for routers and switches
- Familiarity with testing tools (Breaking Point, Ixia, MRV, Spirent, etc.),
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, can-do flexible attitude
- Collaborative team player, relationship building skills, influential leadership
- Leadership skills and experience: leading teams, projects, internal and customer-facing presentations. Ability to see the big picture.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
- Masters of Science preferred
Personal Skills/Attributes Sought
- Experience of designing and implementing virtualized software and solutions is essential.
- Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training.
- Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, able to work on multiple projects.
Location, Language and Travel
- Located on-site at Juniper Sunnyvale, CA or Westford, MA office
- Travel potential up to 20%