The Solution Consultant owns all technical activities required throughout the sales cycle. Solutions Consultants create highly engaging demonstrations, along with architecture presentations and ROI models to assist with sales opportunities. This position requires hands-on work with the product and the ability to build sophisticated software demonstrations, as well as the ability to deliver compelling presentations to clients and prospects.
- Plan and execute sales campaigns in conjunction with account executives globally.
- Propose solutions to meet clients' needs and provide global retail thought leader to prospective clients.
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients.
- Deliver POCs and demonstrations to meet the scope and functionality to ensure that all success criteria are delivered and product differentiators are included.
- Collaborate with product managers to influence product roadmap decision.
- Assist in the recruitment and mentoring of staff to meet the demands of the department.
- Build strong customer relationships with target accounts.
- Work with development to build a demonstration environment that can be used by global pre-sales team including demo scenarios, content supporting multiple retail verticals and internationalization requirements.
- Also, requires coordination with engineering and operations to achieve timeline or workload constraints.
- Provide leadership regarding process improvements of pre-sales organization to support global sales team.
- Required to work cross-functionally within the organization with Sales, Client Services, and Accounting teams.
- 5 + years in a comparable pre-sales position supporting the sales cycle for retail visual merchandising software.
- Language: English (required), Spanish (required) and Portuguese (preferred).
- Previous experience with Retail or Telecommunications industry.
- Previous application experience in one or more of the following desired: SAP Retail, Oracle Retail, JDA, Galleria, Symphony, or similar space management solutions.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of increasing deal size and accelerating the buying process.
- Successful quota achievement.
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple projects to drive results.
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills.
- Has a strong sense of pace and urgency; ensures work is completed in the expected timelines.
- BA/MBA or equivalent applicable work experience.