SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
As a SAS Solutions OnDemand Technical Consultant, you are responsible for information architecture, data integration, software design and development in hosted SAS applications. Working closely with customers, you will utilize your experience in a variety of SAS products to participate in design and implementation of creating software that helps people make better decisions. As a member of the SSO team, you will extract data from a variety of data sources, transform data, and load it into data warehouses and marts. You will profile data for data quality; and develop and implement cleansing rules. You will also participate in BI report writing using SAS tools. You will work with other team members to develop reports and utilize state of the art analytic techniques. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- 2 years of software application development
- At least 2 years of experience developing SAS programs *(Comprehensive expertise in ETL related work in Healthcare, Banking or a specific industry may be considering in place of SAS experience)
- ETL Experience/Data Management Knowledge
Additional skills and knowledge necessary to take on this position:
- Understanding of SAS products, data structures and programming technologies
- Ability to comprehend the details of complex system software
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below skill-set and/or expertise:
- Unix skills
- Dataflux development experience
- ETL and data warehousing experience in support of BI and reporting systems
- Experience with relational and multi-dimensional databases and data management tools
- Advanced report design and build experience
- Experience in technical lead role
- Ability to mentor other staff members
- SAS Certification
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.