WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
We’re the Enterprise Architecture team at WEX. We are in the process of building a “Paved Road”, or platform of services and applications that set the standard for processes and tooling for development teams across the company. From new internal product rollouts, to automation, to supporting development teams, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in the ownership of everything we do (check your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results!). We all are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments. We also enjoy hanging out and eating together.
About the role
- You will architect, facilitate and drive implementation of solutions and Microservices that will be shared across lines of business, across multiple technologies and architectures.
- You will provide architecture blueprints, guidance and designs necessary for the rollout of the solutions.
- You will identify, recommend, evaluate, share knowledge and lead adoption of new services, tools and technologies that will be used by the whole company.
- You will prototype new solutions and technologies, present and communicate to the technology and business leadership.
- You will review new and existing systems designs and architecture for compliance, adherence to quality and standards.
- You will ensure that solutions across platforms adhere to the enterprise architecture roadmap, tech standards and support both short-term tactical plans as well as long-term strategic goals.
- You will collaborate with internal business and tech leadership, partners and vendors as part of assessment to review current technologies and draft new strategies and technology roadmaps and drive adoption.
- The skills of collaboration, solid communication, and working well with a variety of stakeholders will be key for you to help define corporate standards and best practices.
- 5+ years of development experience with at least one of the following (Java, node.js, python, golang, C#)
- Strong working knowledge in building SOAP/REST services and conceptual knowledge of microservices
- Excel at designing and writing modern software deployed in the cloud
- Worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
- Good hands on work experience in *NIX environment - UNIX/Linux
It would be nice if you
- Have experience architecting and designing solutions using AWS capabilities
- Have cloud experience with deploying highly available, scalable and mission critical services
- Good understanding of security concepts and best practices
- can show us one or more passion projects or open source work you have contributed to in your own time
- Have experience with business flows, data and service modeling
- Have experience with Payments domain