This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals .
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on leader who can handle many different roles and responsibilities such as:
Defining architecture and design patterns primarily related to the consistent and efficient integration of common technical and data services into application architectures
Defining the architecture patterns that support business and technical strategies as identified by the application development teams or as mandated by firm-wide technology strategy
Adhering to firm wide technology policies and standards including the adoption of firm-wide Reference Architecture
Driving communication and collaboration on firm-wide strategic initiatives and impactful changes through weekly Architecture forums.
Partnering with Group Architect in the creation of high level designs for select common technical and information services where necessary to guide implementation align with architecture intent
Participating in the Architecture Review process as a representative of application architecture
Driving compliance with established software development lifecycle and release process
Understanding business requirements in order to design business and technical services (capabilities)
Identifying non-functional requirements relating to business solutions
Decomposing business services to identify reusable core technology services using micro-services and API design patterns (REST), SpringBoot and security frameworks.
Documenting and communicating target state and assumptions to various stakeholders
As local design authority work with development team to make sure the solutions are built as per target state
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree (preferred) and approximately 7-9 years of related work experience
- 10+ years of architecture experience across the four enterprise architecture domains: business, system/application, information/data and technical/infrastructure.
- Deep technical knowledge in both the application as well as the infrastructure stack in areas such as data management, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, messaging, databases, web and application tiers.
- Solid Leadership experience in influencing large cross-functional teams at a variety of levels internally and externally
- Experience with building solution using Domain Driven, applying micro-services architecture and Reactive programming
- Good understanding of the requirements to architect, design and manage secure systems and data stores
- Experience in developing solutions in collaboration with other corporate functions like Cybersecurity to overcome the hurdles of moving applications to the cloud
- Experience in architecting and contributing to the development and execution of strategic technology initiatives which demonstrate alignment with the broader business goals and overall technology objectives of a firm or major business unit or functional organization.
- Well versed in the processes, tools and technology to drive integration and rationalization capabilities across disparate domains, both technical as well as business.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferably in one or more market leading institutions in Retail, Institutional or Corporate function.
- Experience working in large scale companies and ability to navigate the complexities inherent in such organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously launch and advise multiple IT projects, supporting a number of customers on time and within budget
- Experience with strong big data, data ingesting, enriching, modeling, workflow, central rules engine for metrics calculations/reporting
Req #: 190003972