As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a skilled Solution Architectwho will lead the design and implementation of Vendavo’s software solutions for our extensive list of client companies. These customers are some of the most influential F500 companies within Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, Packaged Good, Energy and Utilities and Technology verticals. You will work hands-on directly with customers and internal stakeholders, ensuring our client’s success with Vendavo’s solutions.
As a Solution Architect, you will:
- Lead a group of technical resources from design phase to the completion of large, multi-divisional customer implementation
- Engage the customer IT group to facilitate integration between Vendavo and the customer’s internal IT systems
- Provide sizing estimates on the hardware environment required for the project
- Resolve technical issues either through project level technical changes or working with product management and engineering groups to find core-product based solutions
- Support business/functional requirements gathering of Customer’s diverse needs
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years progressive technical experience including: Object and data modeling; J2EE/Java and web-based application development; Integration design and development using ETL tools, Web Services, SOAP, and middleware; XML and SQL; Oracle database and J2EE application server
- Demonstrated large scale project management and implementation expertise
- Understanding of Agile development methodology and actual experience writing functional and technical design specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with large teams
- Strong prior technical, development background in either Services or Engineering - 5+ years of hands on solution design experience; experience developing applications on top of platforms
- ERP and platform configuration implementation experience (SAP, Oracle Applications, Salesforce etc.)
- Comfortable with modern web based application technologies
- Ability to mentor and work with technical team members spread over multiple time zones
- Strong Knowledge of Oracle database and application server (Weblogic, Netweaver, or Websphere) required
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex business and application problems; performance analysis a big plus
- 3+ years managing technical project teams
- Supply chain management, CRM, or pricing experience is advantageous, SAP integration experience a plus
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in CS, CE or EE
- High-impact experience in customer-facing, consultative roles in enterprise software or professional technology consulting firm in one or more of the following industry groups is a plus: industrial, automotive, distribution, consumer packaged goods, chemical or high tech
- Ability to travel up to 50% required
- Prior experience of making presentations to groups of senior manager and executive-level attendees
What an Ideal Candidate looks like:
- You are customer-focused
- You will take accountability for the results we need to achieve individually and collectively
- You make courageous decisions and act with integrity.
- You execute with a sense of urgency through thoughtful planning and disciplined execution.
- You operate with transparency with direct, respectful and open dialogue amongst your peers.
Why you will like working at Vendavo:
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential, and growing organization
- Working with a team of highly skilled and driven people with a desire to innovate
- Super collaborative environment, where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest talent
- Opportunity to make a difference, excel personally and professionally and have fun!
- Full Employee Benefits
- Flexible working hours