Claim Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers’ digital transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company’s customers.
- Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex puzzles.
- Pride yourself on being a quick learner.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Understand business challenges and can develop long-term, sustainable technical solutions.
- Have a passion for learning and applying new technologies.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you have the opportunity to automate things.
- Enjoy mentoring others and driving adoption of new technologies and design patterns.
- Have an Agile mindset and are value-focused and guided by the Lean-Agile principles.
- Have the courage to say what needs to be said in a respectful and tactful way, even if it’s not what people want to hear.
- Have the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through mentorship.
- Above all, measure your own success by the success of your team and the satisfaction of our customers.
Then, Claim Technology is the place for you!
- Is innovative and dedicated to creating forward-thinking software solutions and right-touch digital capabilities that enable our company to continuously stay ahead of evolving customer expectations and emerging disruptive competition.
- Has a passion for technology and designing industry-leading business capabilities.
- Is responsible for developing technology systems that support our company’s claim-handling processes.
- Is made up of diverse, competent and reliable individuals who trust one another and feel free to express their feelings and ideas.
- Is aligned with a shared vision and focused values, great at collaborating and accomplishing our tasks, and committed to quality results.
- Adapts quickly to changing conditions and demands, takes accountability as a group, and works hard to accomplish our goals.
- Reflects and learns from experience and is committed to relentless improvement.
- Recognizes and values team contributions and celebrates successes.
Travelers is a property casualty insurer with a rich history of innovation that spans three centuries and has yielded numerous “industry firsts.” We issued the first insurance policies for automobiles, aircraft liability, accidents in space flight and lunar exploration, and identity fraud expense reimbursement, and we created the first predictive analytical model to help injured employees avoid chronic pain and opioid abuse. We are a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Travelers, our single biggest competitive advantage is our people. Every day, our employees move Travelers closer to achieving the vision of being the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. We are a team driven to fulfilling our promise to take care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the power of 30,000 people. All working together to ensure that we’re performing today and transforming for tomorrow.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You will explore technology and design patterns that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge in the digital world.
- You will be able to influence and set technical direction for our Agile Teams.
- You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative and self-critical.
- You will design solutions for new and exciting capabilities that will enable our customers to be better connected and engaged with the claim process.
- You will have the autonomy to explore new processes, especially in the spirit of Agile – do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work.
- You will utilize your critical thinking skills to analyze challenges and organize the team around a solution.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of technology related experiencerequired.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Ability to serve as a senior technologist and architectural advisor directly influencing a large information technology organization via your strong technical leadership.
- Ability to perform as a lead technologist to masterfully assess and design applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for multiple systems.
- Skilled with broad, conceptual understanding of the technology architecture trends and directions coupled with demonstrated technical mastery for technologies, frameworks, and/or languages.
- Ability to influence and set technical direction.
- Skilled at contributing and communicating your expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts to a broader audience.
- Senior level knowledge in Call Center and Work Distribution Technologiespreferred.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience a plus
- Knowledge of Genesys technology a plus
- Experience with Intelligent Automation/Automation Anywhere a plus
- Familiarity with Unmanned Ariel Vehicles a plus (UAV, Drones)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 9 years of programming/development experiencepreferred.
- 2 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.