$80K — $100K *
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
The Software Manager is responsible for the layout of standard templates, practices in creating and updating infrastructure in the cloud and participates in Infrastructure requirements discussions to support various app teams in Connected Technologies.
This person will also be responsible for helping teams implement Infrastructure as Code practices as much as to the extent possible and establish secure cross-system network layers to enable integration, review, and approve any IaC (Infrastructure as Code) changes coming through PRs/MRs. and participate in Architecture discussions to make sure the SLAs and scalability needs are fulfilled.
What you’ll be doing
• Coaching software team members in their careers, writing and delivering performance reviews and feedback, approving time-off requests, and managing contractors assigned to their team.
• Not just technical career coaching but also helping team members develop their communication and collaboration skills. Fostering an overall sense of team morale and health.
• Working with software engineers and product owners in small group meetings and 1-on-1s to encourage good communication and healthy team dynamics. Helping to resolve any conflicts that arise within teams.
• Hands-on coding and software product delivery tasks. To maintain a sense of empathy with their team, a software manager is expected to spend some time writing, designing, and testing software. A software manager is not typically a team's primary technical leader or "tech lead," although a high level of skill with software development is expected.
• Performing code review and attending team meetings/activities. Software managers should be engaged with the teams they manage on a day-to-day basis.
• Performance reviews and feedback for software team members.
• Performance concerns & mediation with product owners where team members are assigned.
• Time off & other HR request approval for software team members.
What you bring
• Highly organized with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge in various Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes, CI/CD pipeline, and various DevOps tools & techniques – GitLab, Runners, XLRelease.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code – Terraform, Helm Charts.
• Familiar with Security best practices with the least privileged principles enforced.
• Adept at Cost Optimized solutions to run DevOps practices.
Added bonus if you have
• Progressive years of experience in software team management with teams of at least 4 members.
• Progressive years of experience as an individual contributor working on native mobile applications.
• Portfolio of high-quality published apps on iOS App Store or Google Play.
• Flutter experience.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
• Paid holidays and paid time off.
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Valid through: 11/9/2021
$110K — $130K + $20K bonus + rrsp matching, full benefits. *