The Solution Architect / Technical Lead will contribute to the end to end architecture and technical implementation of mapping solutions for the Engineering and Construction industry.
Responsibilities include coordinating technical aspects of design, development, test and deployment, including hardware environments, software configuration, certification, and deployment. The position will also work with various business units to document opportunities and to leverage the full capabilities of a geospatial system.
Provide technical expertise on geospatial data and services to ensure the availability, accuracy, completeness, and integrity of both the supporting data and services.
Work closely with lead geospatial technicians in integrating both internal and external geospatial data to increase efficiencies and lower costs. Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, application technical analysts and vendors.
This position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in communicating effectively with a technically diverse user base.
Manage the investments providing total cost of ownership.
Plan and document the strategy, design and implementation of a mapping solution.
Develop standards, templates and procedures for enterprise spatial data.
System integrations to automate and optimize spatial data flow.
Answer incoming calls, emails and chat sessions from internal clients to document critical issues.
· Troubleshoot critical issues and assist with troubleshooting problems that have been reported.
· Develop and maintain knowledge base articles.
· Assist section managers and service owners to improve internal IT processes.
· Remain informed of internal business processes.
· Make follow-up calls regarding client problems.
· Communicate progress, document issues and resolve problems for customers.
· Escalate unresolved problems to section manager as required in a timely manner.
· Research, verify, and document product defects and create service now tickets.
· Remain informed on improvements in products relevant to the AEC industry.
· Deploy specialized applications for various business units.
· Complete application testing and provide feedback to the section manager, project manager or service owner.
· Evaluate specialized technologies.
· Analyze reoccurring issues to determine root cause and corrective action.
· Analyze customer issues to identify trends.
· Actively handle backlog of customer issues.
· Participate in product BETA programs.
· Provide feedback to product management and product development on features and enhancements.
· Monitor critical systems and services to identify performance issues.
· Attend local or regional user group meetings and conferences relevant to the AEC industry or Information Technology.
· Build relationships with vendor support contacts and escalate unresolved issues for vendor resolution.
· Identify opportunities that may result in new services.
· Manage AEC product licenses.
· Participate in vendor professional service engagements.
· Provide peer to peer training and peer group presentations for customers.
· Specify the criteria by which to benchmark hardware for engineering design.
All other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field. Minimum of 7 years professional experience in developing enterprise solutions with the Esri ArcGIS platform.
Comprehensive understanding of GIS concepts, best practices, data types, and workflows, with a strong background in the Esri software suite.
Automating geoprocessing workflows using existing software applications or scripting languages such as Python to improve geospatial data currency and integrity.
Auditing and maintaining a geospatial system to verify accuracy and completeness.
Familiarity with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements, planning, high level and detailed design, execution, testing and defect remediation, and implementation. Experience developing within an agile environment is a plus.
Assist in the development and delivery of technical training for application users. This includes but is not limited to classroom materials, manuals, quick reference sheets, and electronic materials.
Assist in providing technical support to application end users through effective communication and efficient troubleshooting. Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact is a plus.
Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
Experience working with the engineering or construction industries and related technologies is a plus.
Familiarity with Autodesk, Bentley or Hexagon products a plus.
. Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
· Basic knowledge of Autodesk, Bentley, Hexagon, ESRI or other engineering and design software suites in a production environment.
· Strong customer service, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong ability to ascertain customer concerns, consider alternatives and provide customers guidance to solve their questions.
· Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner that enhances the customers’ experience and increases productivity.
· Organizational and prioritization skills to interact with multiple customers with differing needs.
· Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines.