Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a job at TechFlow where we provide opportunities for individuals to explore, learn and develop their careers while being part of an exciting team of professionals.
Here are some experiences you may have at TechFlow:
- Work with best-of-breed technologies
- Have fun while being part of a professional team
- Work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Work in a supportive learning atmosphere where opportunities for training and advancement are provided.
TechFlow is looking for a Solution Architect who will support our Department of Homeland Security customer in utilizing architecture capabilities to create defined outputs and/or facilitate defined agile Target Architecture processes. The Solution Architect participates in strategic planning initiatives in defining the customer’s enterprise architecture by enabling leadership to collaborate with stakeholders to support mission functions; facilitating and managing iterative development of the target architectures through supporting agility, continual improvements, and effective use of enterprise resources. They will develop designs, models, and other technical artifacts based on high-level artifacts such as EA Roadmaps and stakeholder needs. Additionally, the Solution Architect will evaluate the current state and recommend the adoption of new technologies, while providing detailed specifications and expected outcomes of proposed recommendations.
- Meet with management and team members frequently to propose initiatives and helps establish priorities.
- Create and maintain a common vision and roadmap for various segment target states, ensuring consistency of business processes, standardization of data and information flow, and interoperable technologies through the integration of business and IT management across the enterprise and to external partners.
- Help to assure those mission requirements and target architectures drive technology investment
- Identify current segment capabilities, performance gaps, and projected target needs
- Provide on-demand support for enterprise-wide, target, and segment business and technical artifacts, guidance, data, visualizations, reports, and studies
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional activities to increase stakeholder participation and satisfaction to include providing enterprise architecture support, program engagement and coordination, working groups, councils, and Integrated Product Teams (IPT)
- Capture and build-out target architecture artifacts in a centralized repository while working with other DHS EA entities and Components to harmonize EA data and processes;
- Provide, plan and build an enterprise wide and segment-specific business and technical targets across DHS organizations that perform similar missions; and
- Presents proposals to senior government officials in a clear and compelling way
- Continuously improve the team’s knowledge, methodologies, and inventory of solution and architecture design blueprints
- Balance business and technology, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions to business problems and to tie your solutions to program success criteria
- Analyze available technologies and makes recommendations of technologies to use and how best to use them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related major and 10+ years of experience in design, analysis, and implementation of information systems architecture and in implementation/delivery environments
- 7+ years of experience in design, analysis, and implementation of information systems architecture.
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices, modeling, and goals to include developing designs, models, and other technical artifacts based on high-level artifacts such as EA Roadmaps and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to evaluate the current state and recommend the adoption of new technologies, while providing detailed specifications and expected outcomes of proposed recommendations.
- Problem solve novel solutions, architectures, and use cases to help customers meet their objectives
- Provide robust recommendations for engagements while also identifying critical dependencies & gaps
- Present proposals to senior government officials in a clear and compelling way
- Ability to provide guidance on balancing competing aspects such as security, cost, performance, and functionality.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of emerging and modern technologies, methodologies, approaches, and best practices.
- Technical Certification in one or more aspects of Technology similar to but not limited to:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- TOGAF 9
- EA Principals FEAF V2:
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification
- Other Enterprise Architecture IT Integration certifications.
- Outstanding communications skills both oral and written
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to create clear observations, analysis, and conclusions based on customer interviews and data
- Experience managing and using Enterprise Architecture repositories.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust
- Experience using iServer is preferred.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)