Solution Architect ( Systems / Storage )
More information about this job
OneNeck IT Solutions employs approximately 550 people throughout the U.S. The company offers a full suite of hybrid IT solutions including cloud and hosting solutions; ReliaCloud® enterprise cloud services; managed services; ERP application management; professional services; and IT hardware. OneNeck has Tier 3 data centers in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon and Wisconsin.
The Solution Architect is a subject matter expert in the area of Systems / Storage. This Solution Architect must be able to adapt as business and technology requirements change. This position should maintain expert-level knowledge of technology, required certifications, and a “trusted advisor” role to both customers and peers relating to technical matters.
Strong knowledge in the following areas is desired: VMWare ESXi, Cisco UCS, Citrix, Hyper-V. Additonally HPE Servers, Dell Servers; and EMC, HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble.
This position requires someone with strong communication skills with the ability to provide management and the account team both oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Work closely with assigned customers in an effort to provide enterprise level solutions that meet customer requirements efficiently. Support requirements include the entire sales cycle including initial meetings, customer requirements gathering, architecture design, implementation support, and forecasting future work with the sales teams.
- Build internal and external practice strategies within assigned technology verticals. Create customer and internal procedures for IT installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Develop solution architectures, detailed designs, and configurations specifications for customer and internal references.
- Interface directly with sales and engineering level resources from the given manufacturers within the vertical, and build cohesive architectures and strategies for our customers.
- Strong communications and mentorship capabilities are necessary in order to collaborating with members of the Solutions Architecture team, peers within the Enterprise Architecture group, and Practice Managers on the deployment team.
- Work with Solutions Architects to develop training, education, and selling strategies around respective technology verticals.
- Standardize Architectures by working with technology leader in the company to ensure consistency throughout the architecture department.
- Act as an escalation point for both pre-sales and post-sales requirements. Hands on support in the assigned technologies may be required to support the OneNeck delivery teams in the event that advanced skill sets are needed during implementation and support.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 7+ years of experience of architecture in operations/deployment experience in one of the following: Systems / Storage / Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience interfacing with customers and providing technical solutions.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, insurance, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Cisco certification preferred: CCIE, CCDE, VCDX.
- Considerable amounts of independent judgment and complex problem solving are required. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and self-motivate.