This opportunity requires work to be delivered at the client site in Tiverton Ontario. Located on the shores of Lake Huron in scenic Bruce County, Tiverton is approximately 3 hours NW of Toronto.
In the role of Solution Architect, you are responsible for working with business and systems analysts, and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews. You will analyze and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives. You will develop enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Understand and analyze enterprise business outcomes, business capabilities, and drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (run, grow and transform the business across systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Analyze competitors, technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Design and lead the implementation of an SA based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring SA assurance and compliance.
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the SA).
- Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the SA.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project office to ensure execution of plans with what is being promised.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a Solutions Architect with strong experience with enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman and TOGAF
- Detailed understanding of data and application architecture, and the associated best practices and technology
- 5+ years of experience implementing tools or working on enhancement projects
- Focus on SOA integration, BI, data management, and Passport integration experience preferred
- Must have significant experience in the application and data architecture domains.
- Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments.
- Leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills required, collaborative style with the ability to influence
- Communication and facilitation skills required.
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
- A passion for the user experience and their success.
- Flexible by nature, able to find a work-around when needed.
- Be professionally active in the industry.
- Extensive project experience is required with the ability to follow clients’ Project Management Methodology, Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process, and Standard Systems Development Methodologies.
Additional Desired/Optional Skills
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise project portfolio management solutions including Primavera 6 v8.x, Project Cost Management (Earned Value) and Project Risk Management solutions is considered an asset, for example Ares Prism, EcoSys EPC, Mpower monitor, Oracle Primavera Cost Controls (previously Skire), Sword Active Risk, and Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Experience with Ecosys/Cost Estimation tool implementation/Content Server Upgrade/Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)/Maximo/Enterprise Asset Management will be considered as a strong asset.
- Experience and knowledge of Building Information Model processes and solutions is considered an asset, for example Autodesk Revit.
- Experience working in a highly secure and regulated environment is considered as asset.
Who we are
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and founded in 1966, Sierra Systems is a top tier IT services and management consulting firm offering a full range of advisory services, systems integration, and managed application services.
With approximately 800 professionals across Canada, Sierra Systems has developed deep expertise in its targeted industries and has earned a reputation for delivering superior solutions that strengthen organizations’ operational performance.
Our unwavering commitment to our clients’ needs has allowed us to build long-term, trusting, and loyal relationships. It has given us the ability to set ambitious objectives for client projects and meet them time and time again with unparalleled speed and precision.
We offer a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of each industry in which we have deep expertise – including: Canadian government, justice, health, energy, and the commercial sector. We focus on delivering a boutique experience backed by the resources, deep knowledge, and expertise our 50-yearheritage provides to tackle large scale projects.