The Application Delivery Services organization of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Omaha Branch is seeking a Solution Architect. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in providing Banking supervision and regulation. This position will be responsible for the architecture and design of software solutions for nationally used enterprise systems in support of supervision and regulation. Individuals placed within this family will possess specialized technical skills in the domain of software architecture. Progression within the family is both a combination of evolved technical expertise, complexity of assignments and demonstrated leadership. More senior level candidates will demonstrate mastery in these capabilities and be capable of directing other technical resources through the development lifecycle from concept to solution delivery including architecture and design.
- Utilizes advanced skills and leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies.
- As the owner of the architecture, orchestrates the implementation of proposed solutions on medium sized projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service providers in the fulfillment of the architecture.
- Partners with business stakeholders to confirm understanding of business drivers and strategy, and proposes the appropriate technical options to meet these needs.
- Effectively leverages appropriate design tradeoffs and cost/benefit analysis during this process.
- Provides mentorship to local development staff.
- Participates in the establishment of local standards, patterns, and practices for technology design and delivery, while also providing input and influence to broader organizational standards and initiatives nationally.
- Remains current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and related experiencerequired.
- Minimum of six to eight years relevant and progressive information technologyexperience directly related to the architecture and engineering of Java / JEE solutions.
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative and team environment, and influence others.