Solution Architect / Senior Solution Architect
This position is responsible for efforts to design and implement enterprise automation capabilities across the software development lifecycle according to the organization's strategic roadmap in conjunction with corporate and industry standards. These capabilities include the areas of test automation, DevOps practices such as continuous integration, and continuous delivery across SDLC phases. Individuals will possess advanced technical, communication, and execution skills. He/she will be responsible for leading technical teams through them implementation of their designs and with helping to shape local and national technology practices.
- Analyze the current automation architecture to identify gaps and opportunities for enhanced capabilities, increased performance or streamlined maintenance.
- Design and participate in the development of standards and key design patterns focused on enterprise automation framework(s) for large complex applications including systems that exchange information across functional business lines.
- Promotes consistency between all applications leveraging enterprise automation capabilities.
- Conducts/leads proof of concept in automation activities and works with stakeholders to obtain buy in.
- Leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies.
- As the owner of the architecture, orchestrates the implementation of proposed solutions on small to large enterprise level projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service providers in the fulfillment of the architecture.
- Partners with business stakeholders to confirm understanding of business drivers and strategy, and proposes the appropriate technical options to meet these needs.
- Effectively leverages suitable design tradeoffs and cost/benefit analysis during this process.
- Establishes and fosters strong relationships with a broad audience of customers, service providers, vendor partners, technical peers and management.
- Provides mentorship to local development staff and can be trusted to independently build and maintain professional relationships.
- Participates in the establishment of local standards, patterns, and practices for technology design and delivery, while also providing input and influence to broader organizational standards and initiatives nationally.
- Remains current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Performs architectural project assignments including reviews of design deliverables and approaches by peer architects or senior staff.
- Applies advanced competence and skill to assignments and effectively delivers on highly complex work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field, or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- At least six to ten years of technical architecture experience with all aspects of solution delivery from design through development, testing, and implementation withextensive technical breadth in the IT industry involving multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Proficiency with DevOps culture and practices with strong knowledge of DevOps technologies, processes and tools.
- Proven record of establishing DevOps pipelines and capabilities across several teams.
- Expertise in automation frameworks supporting various layers and phases of testing (e.g. component, integration, QA, UA).
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promotes a collaborative and team environment, and influences others.
- Ability to lead, providing clear technical direction in the face of conflicting requirements and/or ambiguity.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.