Position Summary: The Solutions Architect is responsible for the design and build of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices to ensure that existing and planned solution components remain strategically aligned to meet both current and future business needs to drive delivery to market faster for Insurance Carrier systems.
The Solution Architect will leverage components of NA Platform and commercial technologies and will collaborate with Technical Analysts and Business Analysts to ensure the design and deployment of quality solutions that meet the business needs. The Solution Architect will leverage the common core set of applications (the Pro Suite). The architect will own the design for Commercial technical solutions that will deliver the desired business outcomes. Solutions will need to be in alignment with enterprise architecture standards. Solutions will need to meet business requirements, technical constraints, and performance requirements. The Solution Architect will oversee the quality of output arising from solution build and be responsible for acceptance of the technical integrity and architectural compliance of the solution.
The architect will work with both on premise and cloud-based technologies to design the optimal solution for the customer. Provide our customers a value-added experience of sound architecture for the suite components they have chosen; helping to ensure Sapiens P&C products address both their current and future business needs. Be part of one or more project teams giving architectural guidance and direction to the technical analysts on the team. Provide choices and best practices to client / project staff in solutioning specific behaviors for the client.
- Design and build solutions to be deployed within the Sapiens client organizations – including but not limited to Policy Admin, Customer, Rating, Authority, Claims, Billing, Data Warehouse etc.
- Establishes strategy for the selection of solution architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting discipline to ensure consistency. Oversees the quality of output arising from solution build and is responsible for acceptance of the technical integrity and architectural compliance of the solution.
- Evaluates emerging technologies to continuously improve and collaborate with the business to help them support the company growth and strategy
- Works with Product Architecture to help develop roadmap for future releases based upon client demand, emerging technologies or current solution limitations
- Works within a team to influence standards for client system architecture that align with current capabilities and future (roadmap) features
- As part of project team provides support to triage, prioritize and resolve application issues identified by internal and external clients
- Researches technical defects found during configuration or testing
- Participates in Technical Detailed Design, and Architecture Code reviews for both input into designs and personal awareness (as part of on-going education)
- Supports the release development process for solving technical architecture, release build, development environment configuration issues/bugs. (creates a feedback loop from projects back to release management and Product Architects
- Provides a communications channel to the other projects to promote best practices, configuration standards, lessons learned and bright idea exchange.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Proven skill and passion to improve processes and their outcomes
- Work closely with senior project management, Product Architecture team; Technical Architects and Business Analysts and clients
- Travel to work at client sites when required
Experience & Skills:
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following: Policy Administration, Billing, Claims, Rating in the domain of Property and Casualty insurance for commercial and personal insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Information, or Engineering is preferred
- 10 + years of experience combining analysis, design, development and implementation of large-scale systems (OO and /or distributed component based)
- Good development experience with OO languages such as Java, (J2EE), C#
- Good Knowledge of XML and XSLT
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Good understanding of cloud based hosting paradigm and managed services
- Good Understanding of Component Architectures and WWW middle and server-side Technologies
- Good research skills; keep up with software architecture trends and be able to implement those into the group when applicable
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Agile Methodology knowledge, such as Extreme Programming (XP) & SCRUM
- Leadership experience in assessing staff skill levels, assigning work appropriately, directing team in specific project activities, estimation, and facilitating career development
- Multiple lines of business in insurance
- 5 + years’ experience with relational databases and database design
- 2 + years’ experience with Web development using HTML/DHTML
- 1 + years’ experience using CSS
- Knowledge of W3C recommendations and accessibility issues and best practices.
- Experienced in User Interface design
- Experience implementing web services
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architectures and .NET
- Understanding of UML technologies and Model Driven Architecture
- Travel Profile: Up to 80% depending on client situation
- 2 + years’ experience configuring one or more Core Suite components
- Facilitate open sharing, demonstrate collaboration, and produce documentation: Including installation specific documentation ( i.e. conceptual data model, alternate query columns, screen flow, data dictionary etc.)