San Jose, CA
5 - 7 years
Posted 296 days ago
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
Position Description: Seeking a seasoned Software Architect responsible for designing solutions utilizing SAFE product suite integrated with other systems within a customer’s environment. The individual should have strong background of enterprise application architecture and design. The candidate should also possess proven ability to manage complex engineering projects and deliveries from the development and quality assurance team. Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Become an expert in the SAFE product in terms of features, functions, use cases and overall capabilities to best guide project delivery.
• Provide overall technical leadership for customer engagements for the entire duration of a project(s).
• Interact with the customer’s IT teams to ensure infrastructure is well defined and all required technical pre-requisites and clearly understood.
• Author and/or Edit, maintain, post key project documents per templates: Technical Specification (TSD), User Acceptance Tests (UAT), Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Go Live (MOP) plans. Create detailed technical designs and translate requirements into working components.
• Work closely with Solution Engineers and SQA team to ensure customizations and configurations are clear and implemented correctly.
• Install SAFE and deploy work packages to the customer environment.
• Configure various components of the SAFE application: external interfaces/agents, badge templates, UI components, etc.
• Develop features, complete data migrations or perform other hands-on activities, as required.
• Create reporting views, reports and dashboards, as needed.
• Troubleshoot problems and issues with SAFE, IT components or interfaces.
• Ensure release management practices and source control processes are followed.
• Follow Quantum Secure and Professional Services methodologies:
• Ensure delivery of the baseline project
• Participate in Scrum and Group Meetings on an ongoing basis.
• Participate in the Product Roadmap, Feature Request Process, Gate Meetings, etc. to adequately represent the needs of your project(s) and to stay abreast of changes.
• Follow all the best practices and internal processes
• Use of Jira/Confluence
• Ensure Oracle Tasks are updated
• Weekly timecards submissions and/or approvals
• Release management processes
Participate in checkpoint reviews for the key milestones for each project:
• Sales Handoff / Pre-Kickoff Review
• Solution Description / Technical Specification Review
• Pre-UAT Readiness
• Go Live MOP
• Support Transition / Customer Survey
• Project post mortems
• Assists in sales or pre-sales activities, including RFP, Proposal review efforts, where required
• Knowledge of enterprise information technology (software and hardware) systems and IT Architecture with a background in software application deployment projects to include a working knowledge of network structures, firewalls, and network communication.
• Disciplined personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and maintain calm under pressure.
• Competence in MSSQL Server and/or Oracle and experience with Windows Server Operating Systems
• Experience with Web Application Support (Microsoft IIS, Tomcat)
• Proficient in SQL.
• Understanding of Physical Access Control Systems (such as Lenel, AMAG, CCURE, etc).
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certifications
Education / Experience Level
Solution Architect: BS with 5+ years of working experience with enterprise software/IT services background.