The Solution Architect is responsible for the success of customers. The role needs a deep understanding of the breadth and scope of technologies/services and recommending how they can be integrated into customer's environments. This will involve working with customers to suggest solutions and assist with an overall architecture that allows the customer to bring a sustainable solution to market as quickly as possible. The Solution Architect ensures that the customer remains successful and is the primary contact point for all design questions and service issues over the life of the customer. The Solution Architect will also work with product management and engineering to provide feedback on market requirements.
The Solution Architect will be primarily responsible for:
· Leading pre-sales discussions, as well as implementing and supporting pilots and production on-boarding of enterprises
· Advising customers on appropriate platform, data ingestion, and tool approaches to their enterprise problems
· Ability to demonstrate and prototype service offerings
· Ensuring that systems are architected in a reusable, scalable and maintainable fashion for customers
· Be the primary technical contact point for their customers for both design advice and service issues
· L2 support, assisting support in issue resolution
· Work with product management to ensure customer requirements are getting captured and described accordingly
· Keeping abreast of new technologies from AWS, Azure, Cloudera (Hadoop/Spark/Hue), RStudio, and other big data tools in the industry.
· The ability to drive or fly to meetings at client sites, including international travel.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· A minimum of 4 years of experience in a sales engineering, solution architect or consulting/services role
· Hands on experience with enterprise Hadoop
· Skilled in at least one of the following languages; Python, Scala,R, Java, C/C++
· Hands on experience with any of the cloud (AWS/Azure) providers