Essential duties & responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Deliver significant and quantifiable improvement as well as financial benefit across the organization.
- Maintain familiarity and expand knowledge of the different Pomeroy towers (practices) to affirm solution descriptions and apply as additional offerings within proposals.
- Will independently create and offer suggestions for improvement of processes, quality, etc., in proposals and processes.
- Communicate effectively among different teams simultaneously to deliver tasks, meetings, and deadlines.
- Will work with other Pomeroy employees on development and evolution of company processes and procedures to improve or document offerings.
- Maintains a positive and productive relationship with clients.
- Primary duties involve the invention, imagination, and originality of talent in a field of artistic or creative endeavor.
- Fully informed and able to apply knowledge of Pomeroy offerings and the costs associated with each tower.
- Maintain knowledge of current offerings and any changes to the offerings during the year.
- Fully informed and able to use the Pomeroy cost model (excel spreadsheet) and to populate and alter data within the model to create the solution and pricing for client.
- Manages timely and complete bid delivery.
- Manages bid planning, including identifying resource requirements and trading terms.
- Writes and edits Solution Requirements and Assumptions Document.
- Oversees the maintenance of the overall bid file, Solution Requirements and Assumptions Document, and related documentation.
- Coordinates and collaborates with various departments such as sales, legal, finance, and technical groups.
- Will serve as a proposal manager and follow bid projects from initiation through delivery and implementation.
- Lead and actively participate in document reviews.
- May ensure the delivery of project plan for the implementation of client requirements.
- Manages risk management tasks; develops plans for overcoming problems.
- Able to communicate the solution and pricing to other team members for discussion, approval and inclusion within the proposal.
- Obtain commitment from staff to provide information by deadline. When deadlines are missed, escalate as appropriate to staff management.
- Ensure that final approved pricing is provided to narrative manager in client's specified format for inclusion in the final proposal.
- Complete all required tasks to store work product on company website (ION) within specified time frame.
- Work on development and evolution of STD processes and procedures to improve production and quality of proposals and other work product.
- Work may be independent or collaborative with other members of STD team.
Level of Supervision and Independent Judgment and Decision making:
- Works without supervision.
- Extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- The RDA2 will complete assignments as well as daily required tasks using the following tools.
- Laptop with peripherals as required.
- Connect to local or network printer for printing hard copies as required.
Microsoft Office Suite tools with various levels of proficiency:
- Excel (Advanced levels and able to achieve Expert level)
- Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project (Proficient to Advanced)
- Microsoft Outlook. (Or equivalent proficiency with other email and meeting scheduling tools) (Proficient).
- Microsoft MapPoint (for site mapping and analysis) (Learn and become proficient).
- Cisco VPN Client (Learn and become proficient).
- Adobe Acrobat (Able to learn and apply as needed).
- Internet search engines (Proficient).
- Instant Message application (Able to learn and become proficient).
- Use of Company website (Proficient).
- Skill Soft (Proficient).
Physical and mental demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by multi-media; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and move about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must have ability to ascend and descend stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to effectively use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills and information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; and interact with Pomeroy employees, Clients and Vendors. Incumbent must maintain composure in a fast paced, high quality environment where personal and team accountabilities are the defining factors. General office environment Considerable stress may occur at times, with occasional long hours.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- BS degree in business, Computer Science, sales, or marketing; may have advanced degree or equivalent experience.
- Usually requires 3 to 5 years of bid management and Response Development
- Thorough knowledge of pricing issues and policies.
- Good knowledge of sales principles and proposal development.
- ITIL certifications are required or able to be obtained -- Foundations, CSI, and Design are required. Transition is desired.
- Demonstrated strong facilitation, collaboration and leadership abilities.
- Excellent team player and team builder being able to empower people and maintain team's performance and make right decisions even under high level of pressure.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines and through careful planning, achieve accurate and timely results.
- Good negotiation, time management, communication, decision-making, human relations and organization skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, listening, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail, organization and quality focus
- Deadline-oriented with effective planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.