At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Solutions Architect within PNC's ACFR organization you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, Oh or be a remote candidate.
As a Solution Architect you will be engaged in the early stages of various projects and programs, tasked with understanding the business objectives, conceptualize a solution and work with finance/Line-of-Business (LOB), various MIS teams and Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to validate the solution. You will also work with the various teams to understand and plan for the integration within the various aspects of the solution. As the project moves into execution, you will work with the Business/system analysts to create the build list that will implement the conceptualized solution. You will also work with the project managers to ensure that the project plan reflects the build list. As one of the leaders within the MIS-Finance team you will also play a major role in building capacity and capability within the team.
- Designs solution roadmaps, according to business strategies and processes in solution architecture, through client requirement analysis, cross-team collaboration and problem resolution.
- Designs solution roadmaps, and system and software architecture according to business strategies and solution architecture standards/processes.
- Analyzes client requirements and determines appropriate solutions to these requirements based on business needs.
- Resolves routine to moderately complex problems and issues in solution architecture; assesses any potential risks and determines solutions to these risks.
- Works withother solution architecture staff, technology experts and business stakeholders to provide functional support to clients on solution architecture updates.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Extensive Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2years) and strategic (3-5years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Industry Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement - Extensive Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Software Product Design/Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with activities, tools and techniques for converting market requirements into the software product design.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Platform Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use this universal framework released by 'The Open Group' to effectively plan, develop and govern enterprise architecture.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.